Monday, August 31, 2009

Back home in the honeysuckles...


Yes, I did remember to take my little traveling visual journal and had fun with it in New York City. It was a great quick trip and so much fun. Got to do everything I wanted to do.... nice. I love the NEW "CSI Crime Scene" yellow tape. Too cool - found it in the CBS store. On the left hand page, I used the yellow tape along with some clip art I found at the wonderful and fantastic "The Ink Pad" store on eighth avenue. If you get to NYC, you need to visit that store. I bought way too much but it was items I can't find around this town. I also like to see stuff and would rather buy in a store than online. The "Girls Night Out" is from a clip art page by m. mata. Lovely purples and NYC skylines. The "Field Journal" stamp is from clear stamps from Paperdoll pARTs at Character Constructions.

The Pierrot is from a digital collage sheet already purchased from itkupilli on her etsy store. She has some nice digital pages. It is always good to come home and have a day of doing nothing. I don't have to go back to work until Wednesday. Play tennis tomorrow. We had good eats in New York City at Remi's, Gallaghers, Ellen's Stardust Diner, Sweet Emily's and Gotham Bar & Grill. Great shows: Wicked and Jersey Boys. And, of course, it was great to hang out with the girls!


Loren loved her "Wicked" and even picked up a Wicked Barbie Doll - the green was to die for:

It was a rainy weekend but you don't care in New York City. The hustle and bustle is just too fun and it is contagious. The hotel, Washington Jefferson, is perfectly located and in close proximity to the theater district, Times Square, and wonderful restaurants. I have stayed there before and it was fun to return to the small hotel. Sunday was an exciting day with tennis players arriving in the Big Apple getting ready to play in the U.S. Open. I saw a few on the streets.... you know the really tall ones with a wonderful tan and cute.... those types.. Well, need to straighten up and put my new purchases away. You have a good evening!

1 comment:

Terri said...

It looks like you had a great time. I love visiting NY as well. So much to do and see!