Sunday, August 2, 2009

Edward Gorey is tripping thru the Honeysuckles

Yes, he is, as only a Gorey can trip over the honeysuckle vines, he claims I am trying to murder him. So we will now call forward Miss Jane Marple to solve our next neglected murderess crime for August. It seems Miss Emily Toastwater smothered her father after evening prayers in London S.W.7 in 1916. But, was it really Miss Emily or one of the others, I ask???



I am taking a stand here, Mr. Gorey, and I proclaim that Miss Emily is innocent. The same as I sincerely believe that Lizzie Borden did not dice up her dad with an axe. And, you know what, I think my adorable Miss Marple will also agree with me over a cup of tea. Did anyone ask where her sisters were at the time of daddy's death? I have not a clue since I can't seem to find the court records on this trial. I googled it and it does not exist. (OK, I know I'm reaching here since Edward made this up, I think. LOL)


But I have taken his original drawing of the neglected murderess and added the hither to unknown sisters into the mix. Yes, the applause you hear is Miss Marple, either trying to spur me on or trying to get my attention because I am so far off base. I will select the first one. Yes, after church the sisters and daddy returned home. They were the pillars of the local community (just like the Bordens). But no one knew what went on behind closed doors.


I believe there is not enough evidence that CSI, aka Scotland Yard, has presented here and so need to declare a mistrial. I am proclaiming that she (Miss Emily) is a misunderstood "suspected" murderess. There are too many motives here when one starts to talk to the other two sisters. We won't go into what possible motives there might be, I will let you use your imagination. Yes, it could be money, it could be abuse, it could be daddy got tired of all the whining and went nuts, who knows. I will leave you with the mission of sorting this all out and then letting me know.



Just remember - what happens when you have three single women in one house suffering PMS. Daddy never had a chance and is now resting in Peace, we hope. Sorry, Edward, my heart here belongs to Daddy after reviewing the evidence. Miss Marple is still stewing in her tea. Yes, it was the PMS theory that pushed me over the edge. . . that and the three pillows. Case Closed.

OK, I now need to get to some "house caring" issues I have let build up, what does that stupid sentence mean? I have to go clean the downstairs. I have given up on the chaos in this room! And I think I will put in my Miss Marple DVDs as background noise. I may or may not be back later today!

2 comments:

Debby said...

LOL...this is good, real good...hehehe..

my word verification for this is
outspit....hehehe...
debby

forcryeye said...

I have always proclaimed Lizzy B's innocence!!! I can never see enough Edward Gorey inspired artwork from my favorite Honeysuckle artist! mwah!