Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Where Women Create Customer Service


In this age of technology, customer service being shipped overseas, and a "not my problem" era, it is sometimes rare to find someone who cares, really, really, cares. Where Women Create is one of those organizations who sincerely cares about its customers. I know. Since day one, I have been all over their web site. I have to admit I have always loved this place and their Where Women Create magazines. I have each issue.

I have ordered items from them, yes, from day one before the site was really ready to accept orders and working properly. Jo Packman (the creator and editor-in-chief) and I corresponded both by email and phone calls on that first order. And, what did I order that took all of this effort on both our parts? I ordered the "Its All on the Cards" by Sandi Genovese. The most beautiful multi-colored cards for your Rolodex (Remember my Rolodex Swaps?) - yes 365 colored cards and 30 black tabbed dividers for $30.


If you remember, I told you about my wonderful packet of old sheet music along with other items a few posts back. Well, I decided to order two more sets before they sell out. I received in the mail -- ONE set. OK, no big deal I will send them an email to let them know I need one more set. I did and Jo sent me an apology saying she packed it and did not see that I had ordered two sets, etc. etc. I told her not a problem. SO, what do I get in the mail..... besides just the one more set of sheet music I ordered.... Besides a lovely apology note, an autographed copy of the latest copy of Where Women Create, Aug/Sept/Oct 2009 copy.

Please make a note here -- not ONE autograph but 15 artists. Count them, 15. Jo told me that she saw one of these issues on E-Bay selling for $125 and it is no longer there - someone bought it.

All because she forgot to include one item in my package.
Thank you Jo, from my humble heart, thank you. They don't make many like you.
And now my friends, I want you to go visit her web site, I want you to go out and buy the latest copy of WWC. It is loaded with some wonderful stuff!


While you are visiting there check out their Silver Suitcase Society. Yes, I am a member of it. I know that like really shocks you, huh? Not really? Well, I do get a discount on items I purchase in the lovely Where Women Shop shop. I love the free ephemera and art image downloads and also the how-to projects. All right, enough of my soap box here. BUT, this kind of customer service doesn't exist much around the world today and I want to publicly *applaud* all who bring us this site!

2 comments:

Julie Prichard said...

WOW Marlynn....that's fantastic!

Terri said...

Wow from me too! I also love that magazine, but I did not realize you could order from their site. Thanks for letting us know.
Those music sheet bundles make me drool! The autographed mag is amazing. Lucky you!
Have fun with all your fab materials!