Saturday, August 22, 2009

An Oliver Visit in the honeysuckles.


Yesterday, we were getting ready to have some rains and I knew Oliver was sitting at home all by himself since his mommy had to go to work and daddy was visiting the new school he will be teaching at this year. SO, Auntie M to the rescue. I ran over before the rains so he wouldn't be alone. I think he does OK in storms but why take a chance if I'm around. Well, the rains eventually came but not bad. Oliver set on the worktable by me (while I worked on special effects on tennis photos) and watched the rain. He also dozed. He is just too cute for words....my little nephew. I then took him home and ran to work out with my trainer - at his place since the tennis courts were wet...... oh well.

However, later in the evening, the rains came and came and came. WOW, we haven't had a storm like that in a while. I knew it was coming when I walked on my patio and saw the belly of the passenger jet flying low over my condo roof getting ready to land at Dulles International Airport. They don't usually fly in that direction. So, I popped back in, watched the All-Star Project Runway show and sewed on my Xmas ornaments for the swap in November.

It has probably rained all night so I am NOT headed to cardio tennis this morning but am up way too early thinking we would have it. Taking Oliver's mommy (Larcy) out for her birthday lunch (yes, Oliver and his daddy, Phil, will also be coming along) and then Oliver comes home with me in the convertible while his mommy and daddy run some errands. I plan on finishing the "poultry" lay out for the gratitude journal. Got papers sewn together last night. Will then head out to dinner and a play tonight. Busy day today. Already sounding like nap time to me..... like right now. : ) Is it 7 am yet somewhere?


1 comment:

Debby said...

Oliver is so darned cute! I bet he loves having you come to the rescue. We had a terrible storm here on Thursday night with tornados touching down about an hour away from me. Unusual for this part of the world. Hmmmm... my dogs were stuck to me like glue, huffing and puffing...hehehe...
Have fun at the birthday lunch..
xoxo
Debby