Sunday, August 9, 2009

"The thirst after happiness. . ."


Love that quote.... "The thirst after happiness is never extinguished in the heart of (woman)." Jean Jacques Rousseau. And with that in mind I did get one page created in the "blanks" that are in the 30-day gratitude journal from last May.



A couple of things on this page are significant to me. The little tag, "I love you" was one I found in my mother's belongings after she died. I have been saving it for something special and decided to use it on this page. The silver leaves are vintage 1946 I purchased at the convention in July.


I also used antique music paper, sewed on it and highlighted the word Medusa peeking out from the dictionary page.


This page was really fun and now I think I am ready to go fix dinner and work on little Christmas X-stitch ornaments I am making for a swap in November in Baltimore. Life is good. From Simple Abundance, "The revelation that we have everything in life to make us happy but simply lack the conscious awareness to appreciate it can be as refreshing as lemonade on a hot afternoon."



5 comments:

Terri said...

Marlynn, this is a beautiful page and the sentiments are so special!

~*~Magpie's Nest said...

Lovely words M, this page is so touching and beautiful, every detail is a delight, especially your Mother's precious note!
oxo ~*~ Patty

Lovey said...

Today's your day on Crescendoh! Love you!

Anonymous said...

Marlynn, I just found you from Lovey's post on Crescendoh! What lovely work! It's so nice to "meet" you!
Blessings,
Diane

Linda M. said...

Hello Marlynn, I found you through Lovey's post on Crescendoh. I love your collage. I'll be back to read more later, I'm one of your new followers. Have a wonderful week!