Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Yes, my Honeysucklers, Monday was busy

Yes, indeedy, I did get some things accomplished which were listed in my to-do-list yesterday. Today will be a more iffy day because I have places to be at during the day. My life is just so hustle bustle, it just reels or is that reals or (OK, yes that was over dramatic).

I managed to get two Rolodex cards done! Both have to do with Gettysburg, PA. One of the Ghost Hunters shows happened to be at the historic Cashtown Inn. Looks charming! AND they did declare it haunted. They don't do that often.

The next is Dobbin House Tavern. The dining I hear is exceptional. You can eat there for lunch without a reservation, however, you probably need one for the evening meal. I want also want to visit a scrapbook store there called, Forevermore Scrapbooks.


SO, how's that - ghostly inn in Cashtown (should be a great little shop there, don't you think?), lunch at Dobbin, and shopping at Forever! Yes, I am planning on doing a card for Forevermore. Ran out of time or ideas yesterday.

Basically, on my mind, was starting Loren's stage door album as a place to keep all of her autographs from productions done by the Elden Street Players Theatre for Young Audiences. I have mentioned this before. YOU have to go see these plays! Anne of Green Gables was spectacular. Loren sat there spellbound by the whole production. (The next play will be Hansel and Gretel - what can I say, except, Yum Yum.....). The album is well on its way to being completed! TA DUM (that was a drum roll, thankie you).

The hardest part was selecting one album out of three I had. Since the red one, bought a number of years ago at the Pottery Barn on the sale table, was able to hold the complete playbills, it was chosen! Then how to decorate it (be still oh my poor chaotic mind) was the next question? (No kidding Sherlock.) I was so happy I could at last use the 7 Gypsies door pull. So "stage doorey" don't you think? I then found some clip art filed away that was in Somerset Studio magazine (just love their free art) and since I wanted these three characters on the outside, I need to protect them. After painting chip board black, I applied Mod Podge to top and bottom.


Well, I won't go into any descriptions -- just have a look. It is not done, but getting there. Today I will need to cover the inside page where the brads and eyelets show and then the back cover page just for consistency. I am looking right now at some butterfly paper with a lot of red. I do plan to distress the outside cover with just a little black paint. After all, it is the theatre!

Whew - today I have to run to the office, the grocery store, the bank, and tennis at noon. Life is tough in my lane....... and oh so fun when off on vacation. Picture me here in the jammies and smiling looking out the window knowing I don't have to scrape the heavy frost off the windows of my little red VW bug convertible. Burrrrr.



Oh, by the way, Harley wishes you a Merry Christmas (no, you haven't met Harley yet but you will in the New Year. Harley been in my life for a long time now and travels everywhere with me. He is his own character and loved around the world, I'm sure - at least in his mind and mine.)

No comments: