Sunday, December 7, 2008

Getting there slowly but surely


Made it to Sami's violin concert. The concert today centered on solos by all the children. It was fun and all of them did really well. After the concert, we went out to dinner at an Italian restaurant. Yum yum!


I managed to get more done on the Christmas cards. Today I got them waxed. Now I need to tell you that here in Honeysuckle Breeze we have to do this all at once. It is not necessarily something you want to start and then stop. Today I used the little iron (not my bigger one made for encaustic waxing - looks like a little travel iron but hotter). I tried and discarded some ideas but in the end got all of the "embossed" stamped pieces waxed.


The before and after photos are always fun. One thing to remember about the wax is a little goes a long way. Another thing I learned today -- when you have a large area that is embossed the wax is not at its best and more or less slides around on the embossed areas. I really wanted to use "red" - I selected blue, green, and gold. But to be real honest the red looked like one of those Jack the Ripper does Xmas. Not a pretty sight. So the red was traded out for pink. I like the pink. Now I just have to figure how to put it all together. I have the pieces. Now to the assembly line once I get the final plan..... ho hum, ho hum.


By the way, I know who will get the "Jack the Ripper" card. And he probably reads this blog. I know you are out there somewhere..... I know you are. I have a little card for you my little Le Petit Poucet - yup it is not Hexe -- but none the other than Jack who is coming to call....... pleasant dreams. xoxoxo.

OK enough of my sick side. The weekend sped by so quickly. WOW, it was here than gone. But, I feel less stressed than yesterday. I hope your weekend activities were fruitful and you resting. Yes, it is Sunday night and gotta go to work tomorrow. Happy Holidays, little ones...... I'm off to go watch the finale on the Amazing Race. I am rooting for the siblings! I am like so dismayed that Dallas and his Mom got the boot. The Frat boys have no business being in the final leg of this race. hissssss, hisssss, booooo, boooo. You go sibs and kick their butts! Nite nite.....

1 comment:

Boutade said...

Gulp. Not....Jack?

"Saucy Jack, you’re a naughty
Saucy Jack, you’re a haughty one."

Wax...hrm, makes me think of Vincent Price, and not in a good way.