Saturday, December 13, 2008

Holiday Meal in Honeysuckle Breeze


The holiday meal is cooking. Yes there is pork under those carrots, celery, and potatoes. The table is set. The Xmas music playing in the background. Candles lit. Holiday is waiting to explode through the front door any minute. Yes, Oliver will be bounding through the condo in anticipation of a visit from Santa Claus and all his little pup dreams coming true. Larcy, Phil, and little O will be having our Christmas in a few minutes since they will be traveling for the holidays and when they get back, I will be traveling. So tonight is the only night we can eat, drink, and be merry opening our gifts.


The menu for tonight kiddies: Sparkling cider, pork stew (cooking all day in the crock pot), ice cream and peppermint bark (from Starbucks) for dessert....... OMG, I'm hungry just thinking about it. So in honor of our celebration, I did pull out the Xmas dishes and silver wear, the holiday glasses, candles, and a few of the decorations that got put in the china closet instead of under the not-so-easy to get to under-the-stair storage area. So, I guess I do have some holiday decorations up! Feels festive.

Will have photos tomorrow. Oliver got groomed today so he will be all white and sparkly like a snow flake. He is just too cute. Sounds like I kind of love my little four-legged nephew., huh?



Oh -- by the way, I managed to get into a workshop with my friend, Michelle Ward, in October at Valley Ridge Art Studio in Wisconsin. I am so happy. The workshop is called "Stairway to Heaven" and the book we will make just rocks! I was not able to get a room in the inn (oops, farm house) however, I was able to book a room at The Life of O'Riley Farm a few minutes away. Looks great! Have a wonderful and pleasant evening!

No comments: