Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Story Time Chapter Three



Today we deal with Neverland. One important landmark I had to find and get a photo of in London was the Peter Pan statue. Loren had seen the statue in a movie and wanted a photo of it. It is breathtaking. We were there on a cloudy, chilly, morning in March. It felt right. The statue was erected in 1912. The "quote" page dealt with the innocence of boyhood and I had a photo of Traitors Gate at the Tower of London. One of the saddest stories about the tower are the two young princes who disappeared - murdered by their uncle. I can't remember for sure if they ever found their bones at the Tower - I want to say yes they did but I would have to research it. I so love the History Channel!


Anyway, there was a haunting tree in the park where the statue is - a weeping willow - it looked to me like a fairy tree. I love using this image on a transparency. The boys I found in a magazine article. Neverland, as we know, were for all the lost boys.
The original photo of the tree -- is it not spectacular!



The next two pages deal with "lost downstairs" and is the darkest piece in this tag book. The quote for this page is from some 7 Gypsies rub-ons, "Where there's a will there's a way and where there is no way - Love will find something very close to a way." I dyed the tag red and used some of the photos from London. Wish I could have seen The Devil Tavern. The clip art is that of a young girl doing the laundry - once again the downstairs staff.






I feel the red adds an allure of evil, especially to the Generations Stamp....... the ghosts overseeing the process. I guess we will never know what is going through the mind of the young girl. What will her life hold? At times this page also reminds me of London burning in WWII. I really do watch too much History Channel!

1 comment:

Boutade said...

The willow is magnificent. I've been doodling in my mind over how to craft an image out of the photo you let me borrow. That, and the great books you let me borrow, I'm rolling around in my head and gazing at my new pencils thinking of how wonderful your gift is, how unique your gathering beneficence is, and the amazing wonderful heat of your inner oven. Gorgeous doesn't cover it.