Sunday, December 28, 2008

Getting Ready for San Antonio



Saturday was a running around kind of day all in anticipation of traveling to San Antonio, Texas, on Tuesday for a board meeting. I will be there from Tuesday until Sunday and, at last, made up my mind not to deal with iffy TV stations in the hotel room. OK, Madison, WI, has jaded me - 6 channels of sports - no way, not again. I went to Circuit City and bought a cute little DVD player so I can take my new DVDs to watch on the plane and in the hotel room. I also broke down and bought some noise reduction headphones - but not Bose (too expensive) - made by Sony. I am impressed with them. I am powering up the batter pack on the DVD right now.

I am crossing my fingers that my digital camera will be OK. You see -- on Friday night the camera was on while I was hanging Natasha in the bathroom and it got kind of spooked (I'm certain Natasha did it) and fell (or jumped) off the sink and landed sideways (the bathroom tile is hard) on its lens which got a little crooked and wouldn't close until I took a hammer to it. Well, it was broke anyway so a hammer wasn't going to kill it. I think it is working. I need to also power up that battery. I love this little pink camera - it is several years old and works just great for me. The Circuit City guy literally winced when I shared the hammer story. I really don't want to go and buy another one. The lens itself is OK - oh well, we will see.

I gathered my writing materials, adhesives, color pencils all together in anticipation of the trip.

I then grabbed my "traveling" visual journal -- I am so loving this journal! And so happy I bought it prior to the Wisconsin trip....




I updated it by adding some elements using the sewing machine like a pull out page an accordion tag(s) I have had for a long time. San Antonio memories here I come! Can't wait to see what I can gather up in the airports. Guess what? -- I couldn't believe it when I had the Biography Channel on Christmas evening and they showed Haunted History featuring haunted San Antonio. I took notes and sewed into my visual journal.




While I had the sewing machine out, I sewed some of the canvas photos for the heritage book.

Yes, Aunt Mary and Mother got stitched with a little of the German Lutheran Prayer Book page behind them. Sunday will be a day of laundry, cleaning, and straightening up before my trip. I have had a wonderful week off and feel rested and ready to go back to work on Monday. That is a nice feeling! *wink*

No comments: