Monday, December 1, 2008

Visual Journaling and my Everything Book

Hey, there. Made it through the first Monday back to work after being off last week. I was able to get a page done in my traveling visual journaling book. This one just kept being built upon... and built upon until I felt I was finally done with it. I used one of the "Dream Big" from the fabric book I worked on yesterday.


I have to admit I kept thinking the page was done but just did not like it. It was just so "ho hum" -- Too many "found" objects in Madison, WI. However, I love the CheeseHead ticket! So I finally finished it up with this:

Yes, my WWI guy is hanging in there. I love the stamp and I love his image from the Tim Holtz doodads. I really do have a thing for WWI - if you have followed this blog you discovered that on the November 11 post. I really do love the Black Adder WWI segments - and have controlled myself not to get the whole series. Mr. Bean, Mr. Bean - such a sick puppy.......


I have also been working in my "The Everything Book" -- purchased off of Korie's Etsy Shop one time. She is such an enabler..... KORIE stop it. But I love the book. I have started going through my magazines and books tearing articles, samples, and ads out of them. I then pass them on to someone else who can tear stuff out of them and then to the recycle bin. It is starting to clear up some of my magazine clutter.... you know what I am talking about????
I added some ribbon and a fabric flower to the front of the book. I did use the same paper (from Hollands) that Korie used because those Circus Hot Air Balloons were calling to me.


You can see on the inside several layouts for future reference, some ads, and just stuff I like. I love this book. It has been a very good investment. YOU, go, Korie Girl! Create the art and they will come -- you know that and you know that I will.......



3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love to journal in the blank spaces of my Everything Book (the spaces I haven't covered with magazine clippings). Mine is so full that I need to start book #2!

Marlynn said...

Korie - I am just going to have to do a second one to use more of that beautiful, beautiful, Holland Paper..... you are bad... oh so bad in a good way!

Annette said...

I love the pictures of Gramma Lessmann, Marlynn. Can you email me a copy? Did you know that I fixed Momo's treadle sewing machine one day when I was visiting in 1973? She had it threaded wrong.