Saturday, December 20, 2008

Today -- Baking in the Oven -- Yum Yum


Today has been pleasant and a "yum yum" day of baking, finishing up some gifts, and visiting with old friends. This is kind-of-like a perfect kind of day which doesn't come along often and when it does you feel so content! Thank you friends! I have to first of all admit my dirty little secret, however. I cannot cook and bake without an apron.

I get very organized at the beginning of my little cook-offs.... and then all chaos breaks loose. BAM! Grabbing the electric mixer, I have been know to try to clean the blades by letting them spin while taking them out of the batter. That is called, "Wheeee." And I really need an apron that will go all the way to the floor since I saw some of the batter on my jean's leg. Oh shucks, get the sponge out.

My favorite apron is, of course, the one I picked up at Lizzie Borden's Bed and Breakfast. I absolutely love it especially when cooking with tomato sauce. Looks cool on the apron. NO, I don't just soil the apron for the fun of it. Not really, anyway. But Lizzie looks so hot in the kitchen..... Son of a gun, she looks cleaner in this photo than she really is!

All in all and after two trips to the grocery store -- the baking was fun. I did a total of 15 small loaves and one large one. Got them cooled and into cellophane wrappers and even included a cheery little Christmas napkin with each loaf.


I went over to my neighbors to deliver the large loaf and have a cup of tea. I will be with them on Christmas and wanted to touch base on what she wanted me to bring over. My assignment is garlic mashed potatoes and my old standby -- green bean casserole. I even bought a cool dish for it last year! Yea for me!


Got a few goodies put together to go to the Holiday Open House at Jenny's. Got to see fun artsy crafty friends - Korie, Beth, Jenny, LeeAnn, Liz, and others! For all those Korie followers -- Yup, Korie does look like she is 7 1/2 months pregnant -- a lot different than when we saw her in October at the crop. The baby is due the middle of February. I am certain this little one will be as cute as her first baby girl who is growing like a weed. All the children had grown since I last saw them. Well, I am writing this and yawning. Have a cup of decaf coffee and am a very happy camper. See you tomorrow.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Tomato sauce on a Lizzie Borden apron..... You're a sick, sick woman my friend.

Must be why I like you....

It was wonderful to see you yesterday. Have a wonderful holiday! Enjoy the Riverwalk for me!