Monday, December 29, 2008

Honeysuckle Breeze Part Two "Story Time" Hour


Once again, girls and boys, we are at our second Story Time hour. Yes, I am ready to head out to San Antonio early tomorrow morning and am entering a few of these posts since I have no idea if I will be able to post to the blog from San Antonio. I will try. On December 18, you were introduced to Clarissa and her Aunt Priscella as Clarissa headed to London to become acquainted with her British roots. As I said, I loved doing this tag book.




On the right hand side to the above layout is the quote, "Like branches on a tree, we may grow in different directions, yet our roots remain as one." I titled this page explore since it highlights some of my photos of London on the first night I was there. I loved the excitement of seeing Big Ben alive with lights! Keep in mind that on every other page we have the old woman from "Generations" hiding in the background. The quote highlights, for me, the essence of this book: "we may grow in different directions, yet our roots remain as one." Remember, hold tight to your roots and those who love you.


The next section deals with cousins. I found several images to use on this page: clip art, photo of two children I took at Ellis Island, and Tim Holtz images. The shiny portion is that of a park in London I copied onto a transparency. The quote for this page deals with children, "Children come with both a curse and a blessing. . but they seldom discover these by themselves." Yes, it begins to look like the "haves" and the "have nots" on this page. I couldn't resist using the butterfly wings. I try to stay away from them but they crop up every once in a while. Till the next time..........

No comments: