Monday, December 22, 2008

Inner Peace and Honeysuckles



My dear cousin sent an email out the other day called "inner peace" and it was hysterical. However, I did focus on the quote that it was centered around by Dr. Phil, "The way to achieve inner peace is to finish all the things you have started and have never finished." Oh boy - tall order for me.

As we close on this year, it does get easier to get into this mind set -- or in other words I do want a clean slate to start the new year with. I had already decided that my time off this week would be centered around this very thing. My friend and I were laughing in the office when I said I was doing this and she reminded me that when I have time off I am usually frantically setting up tennis matches. She is so right -- especially when the weather is warm! So, Sunday was devoted to cleaning up some projects.

As the first order of business I had to clean my working space. Holy son-of-a-gun Batman there is a mat under all that stuff. Woooo Hoooo all the more to get messy again, my dear.

I grabbed my Rolodex and with the intention of finishing the Stanley Hotel vacation card. I had already printed some images off the web. As you know, the Stanley Hotel was the inspiration for the Stephen King novel The Shinning. He stayed in room 217 which is, supposedly, a really haunted room. A number of my favorite shows, Ghost Hunters and Most Haunted, have done their shows in the Stanley. I have a high school friend who lives in Colorado who got me a t-shirt from there. It is really cool in my kind of way. I was pleased with the outcome of the front and back of the card.



I put information on the back of the card to remind me of small details that get lost in this mumbled mind of mine.



I then moved on to finishing the inside of an old three ring binder that I decorated at least six months ago. As we all know, I have been MEANING to do this for soooo long and finally got it done. (FYI: This binder was inspired by a notebook Korie featured on her blog one time that holds all of her scrapbook layout ideas--She was in a frenzy to do a page-a-day for her daughter's scrapbook.)




I have been dying (translated, "hoarding") to use some old ribbon I bought at least 8 years ago from the French General. I stay away from this website because, for me, it can become very addictive! All done including the spine which I finally used a 7 Gypsies metal tag being saved for some unknown project (after all these years, the project must have come and gone and I didn't know it).


And finally - I stopped by the grocery store and discovered the most incredible find of the day --Pink Bicycle cards. No kidding. You probably know all about them - me - who knew. So I bought two of them and if Larcy is reading this from sunny Florida (it is in the teens here), yes, I picked you up one also in case you didn't know they were around. Are they just too cool for words. If you haven't seen them, I found them at the Giant Customer Service desk.




I am now ready to proceed to the projects for today which, hopefully, will include another Rolodex travel card, Loren's stage door album, my January calendar page, and, hopefully, more sewing on the Christmas present I am like so trying to get done by Christmas Day. Yes, I also worked on it last night watching TV. AND, of course, I have a two hour tennis match this evening. My life is good and right now filled with inner peace.... for a few moments, anyway, until I create chaos in this little room. Oh well, just think pink!

No comments: