Sunday, January 31, 2010

Quiet in the Breeze

Today is the quiet day after the snow fall. Yes, I still need to go and clean my car off but will do that later. I did a bit more playing this morning with the tea book. Last night got images stamped and prepared to go into the book. Playing with the cover - not sure what I will do..... love this idea but might not be the end result.


Have you ever forgotten you had a book and something reminded you of it? Well yesterday while at the grocery store I found "soup" mixture of veggies and decided to go in search of my book....


I have had the Monastery Soup book for quite a while but it got put on the shelf and forgotten. Until now. I am going to make a recipe once a month during 2010. Yes, all of the soups are divided among the twelve months. And as usual, I do not follow directions well and edit along the way. I did add turkey to this soup. I always like meat in my veggie soups.


I also color in this book - I think it may be the reason I bought it. I do much better with pencil than paint. That has been difficult for me to admit. There are those out there that are fantastic with their paint and oil backgrounds. I love to cut, paste, and color and use the paint as highlights. OK, I digress, as you all are use to me doing.


This soup came out so good. The package bought at the store had the most wonderful fresh herbs! So decided to have the soup with a cup of India Spice Tea. Lovely lunch here in the Honeysuckles. I now really want a nap but the day has gone on way too long to afford me the pleasure of one.... The Australian Open has played havoc with my sleep habits the last two weeks and I am happy to report that my boy, Roger Federer, WON the open. I'm happy.


You all have a great rest of the day while I take off my Lizzie Borden apron and start to dabble in some paint on the tea book cover. Will I regret this? Only time will tell ..... and you will find out. But I need a few drags of the dry brush across it. Smooches! Might not see you tomorrow since it is my Tennis Monday and all I do is run home from work, change clothes, run to tennis courts, play tennis for two hours, run home, shower, and go to bed. Love these Mondays!


4 comments:

Diane said...

Marylynn, you're meals always look sooo delicious, and LOVE the apron :D

Louise S said...

I have the same cookbook and I love it. My plan is to make soup on Sunday afternoons this winter. It's too bad there isn't a candy soup to use up the candy I bought for our Luv Shacks project which got snowed out! L

~*~Patty Szymkowicz said...

wonderful tea teasers ... your book cover is beautiful already!

what a great cook book! we enjoy soups very much!

have fun you tennis queen you! :)
oxo

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

How could ANYONE add MEAT to Orzo soup? You are too funny. And yes, I'm a vegetarian.

Speaking of pencils. The "instruments" you should use are the ones you are most comfortable with.