Saturday, January 30, 2010

A Honeysuckle Tea Book

What I've learned from a friend.... 1) Clean up the last project you worked on, and 2) get ready to begin a new.... This has been a hard lesson to learn but during the Christmas Holidays when I was rushing to get stuff created and mailed out...... the tiny workspace became uncontrollable and I wasn't "liking" the creating..... Just remembered you can teach an old dog new tricks...
That being said, I did get the tea book put together. So right now I have the "shell" waiting to be decorated....


Second set of lessons learned today: 1) Be very careful on how thick your board book is; 2) Take into account that it will be covered with heavier paper on top of the board book; and 3) Be sure you cram that baby down into the Zutter all the way - use hammer if necessary (OK, I am being dramatic) and punch away.




A few pages waiting to be decorated....




I now have gathered up my "tea" stamps, OK, I know I have a lot.....


And a few more while I'm at it:


The cube is a Michelle Ward design sold at Stampington and has the words earl grey, sugar, cream, english breakfast, etc.



I did manage to have some tea and cookies while it snowed most of the day. So I am now headed downstairs, it's about 7:15 and I want to stamp and watch a DVRed Masterpiece Theatre I recorded last night. No DVR up here.... So my StazOn, stamps, scraps of left over paper are leaving you all behind. Sleep tight!

4 comments:

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Wow, I am going to say this again. You work FAST. I am totally impressed.

I was worried about you today when I saw how much snow you were supposed to get. Glad to see you have NO power outage, so you are staying warm and cozy and with lights.

forcryeye said...

Ok, you have inspired me. I am going to put my coffee down, and go clean up my workspace and get to work! MWAAH!

~*~Patty Szymkowicz said...

I'm with Elizabeth you DO get busy and with such great results too!

Great advice on the clean up ... one day or maybe next life I'll give that a whirl!!! Explains a lot about the state of affairs here ;)

Wonderful start on your tea book and you do have some yummy stamps AND heart shaped cookies too!!!

Was it Emma on your DVR by any chance?
oxo

Lovey said...

Big Hugs to you Marlynn!! Send some of those cookies and tea to me...we have lot's of snow too!! xoxo My Heart to Yours...Lovey