Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Winter Wonderland among the Honeysuckles

No, I can't believe the beauty of the morning. Crumbling about the 5" to 6" of snow, I headed out with my trusty dustpan - don't believe in shovels, I live in a condo... To my surprise I was hit with a scene right out of Cinderella.... White Fog.... White Snow.... White Beauty!


The "Requin" (shark) in anticipation of the drive to work.... (yes, I cleaned her.....)

This is my "Julie" tree in her Arboreal series we are doing. However, the next photo of my tree, Madge, will not be taken and put on my blog until March or April. Couldn't pass her up in her Cinderella Gown ready for the ball. Do you hear her singing, "Someday my Prince will come...."


At the office....

And more trees at the office..... Majestic in their glory...


OK, Cinderella - your carriage turned into a pumpkin.... Now - to update you on my tea book. I worked on it Sunday night and Tuesday and here it is completed waiting to head to the tea rooms. Here is the cover layout when I realized it needed some "definition."

Paint and ink slathered on... My tummy did a few flops after I slathered my last paint swipe....





The cover completed.... Once again I used some of my Grandmother's lace, old music -- both on top of the pink ribbon and then a mother of pearl button with a brass heart.... (will still add a variety of ribbons to the binding coil.)



And the inside cover....


Whew.... now moving on to more ink bolts and two challenges over at my paperwhimsy! But, back to basics, I have to go back out tonight to a tennis meeting. After one season as the newbie and the one who said, sure I'll play anytime you need me (love me love me), the one who said sure I'll be co-co-co-captain when the others couldn't show up.... overachiever is my middle name.... or sucker. I was asked to be the co-captain for one year. My buddy who was co-captain is getting married - like that's an excuse??? I still consider myself co-co-captain..... All is well in my world tonight. Stay warm. We have another BIG snowstorm maybe moving our way Friday noontime..... OH no...

8 comments:

Terri said...

Hi Marlynn, I have been away at a funeral on the west coast, just got in last night, so I missed the snow! Wow, you got tons of it!
Your tea book cover is fab! Thanks for showing us how you did it.
I hope you are doing very well,
Hugs,
Terri

Debby said...

Snow, snow go away, don't come back another day..hehehe..my goodness looks like you got buried. brrrrrr..it has been snowing here on and off the last couple of days, but nothing major and I hope it stays that way. Love your tea book, beautiful.
debby

Diane said...

Marlynn, I love your book cover--I like everything you do! Isn't snow pretty when if first falls, but then after 2 months (we haven't seen our grass since then), I don't care what it looks like anymore (mostly brown), I just want it gone. We have at least another month to go here with this "pretty" white stuff.

denise said...

gorgeous photos! crazy how different weather can be across the country...my children were spraying each other with hoses, running naked in our backyard about this time...love your tea book...looking forward to photographing my tree for julie's series...do you know when that is? i love your tree...

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I like the way you have documented your Tea book, both the cover and inside.

You really got snow. Ours is due tomorrow (oops, guess that would be today). I'm not looking forward to 3-5", but the last time they predicted that, we got very little. I'm just waiting to see what happens.

Your pictures of this winter wonderland are wonderFUL. I enjoyed seeing where you live, too.

~*~Patty Szymkowicz said...

Love your magical capture of our winter fairyland yesterday M!!!
Mr Magpie enjoyed your Cinderella comment on my snow post :)
Are you ready for a BIG one this weekend!!!

Tea book is looking tantalizing!!!
oxo

Julie Prichard said...

WOW WOW WOW! Now THAT is the sort of Arboreal Collaboration I have been dreaming about! It was about 68 degrees here today...not a flake in sight..thank you for the snow shots....totally amazing, Marlynn!

Anonymous said...

Not sure which is prettier, your lovely tea book or the photos you took of Mother Nature in Winter. I think I will choose the tea book, as I am tired of winter here in Michigan -- pretty tho' it is.