Sunday, January 24, 2010

The Honeysuckles and Treasure Boxes

Whew -- got the treasurer box I told you about last weekend done! The last two ATCards are finished. So where to begin.....

The cards:


Besides the usual dictionary page and sheet music, I added an angel printed onto a transparency sheet. This image is on the Somerset Studio disk clip art. The children angles are from Itkupilli's shop. Then added a rusty key I had lying around....


Second card also used an image from Itkupilli. She has some wonderful Marie images... A few jewels and brass plate with "memories" engraved on it...


After finishing the cards, I moved onto the box. (Remember, the cards will be clues to the story my friend plans to weave.) You can see the top of the box above. I then added more of the sea "mermaids" from ArtChix to three sides and a Chinese image on the back. Why China - who knows, I'm not telling the story - so my friend can make up a reason! LOL.




I did leave the box a "little undone" by my standards. I am letting the friend add anything she might want to gather. It could use sea shells on the outside. There are many things to be done to it -- but I am turning the box over with cards and goodies inside.

Need to get ready to go over to some friends later on to watch the playoffs. It is a rainy day but those are always the best for me. Love the sun but also love the rain just as much! Take care while I clean up my space (Thank you Elizabeth and Bluebeard) to get ready for the next project to be worked on....... Remember this one? It is next..... OK, and some ink blots.... or is that paint blots?




5 comments:

Lovey said...

Wow! Marlynn...I absolutely adore these pieces. They are beautiful! I love the box. I think I will give a box a try in the future. Simply beautiful my friend. Lovey

~*~Patty Szymkowicz said...

Oh you are a busy bee! Loving the MerMaidens box, crazy about the seahorse too!
You inspire me to do some alphabet cards! You art vixen you!!!
Stay dry ... well your feet at least ;)
oxo

Debby said...

Whoop!! The box is fabulous, and the cards are perfect. You are a busy girl. Hope the game turned out the way you wanted. Two weeks and the big game is on.
Hugs,
debby

Anonymous said...

I love, love, love the treasure box! You make me want to see it in person -- it's totally intriguing. I wonder what's inside...

And some serendipity for you again: I just posted photos of a box I made last year, titled "Secrets", to illustrate a post about over-sharing on Facebook and other social media.

This must be the week for secrets and treasure boxes. Love that.

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

OK, why didn't I see these before? The box is gorgeous. How can you get so much done so quickly? Probably because all your things are at your fingertips.