Saturday, January 2, 2010

The Honeysuckles are blowin' in the wind


Temp = 24 degrees and the wind = 50 mph gusts. The honeysuckles are blowing and hanging on for dear life. Nope, this is not the Breeze that we all have come to know and love.... it's the gale winds.....

Last night I managed to get all 16 (two pages per poem = 32 6 X 6 images) into a forgotten Creative Memories black leather album with black pages. This will do for the time being. I am searching for an photo of Hilda since I want to include that one the first page.


I also used an "enhancement" that was on another album I had never used ... so I very carefully "ripped" it off and reapplied the sticky red tape and put on the black leather.... it works...Please note this was not created by me - wish it was but it wasn't....



Today has been one devoted to baking, tea drinking, a run to Goodwill to move some stuff out so someone else can enjoy the stuff... and getting ready for a party tonight.
The tea was good,


The bread is baked,

I love my new apron (Christmas gift),



And it has been a wonderful day. I was looking in my Simple Abundance book from 1998 and saw this quote for today: You only live once -- but if you work it right, once is enough. Joe E. Lewis


Enjoy today! PS. Oliver is headed home from his Christmas vacation. I am craving puppy kisses....

1 comment:

~*~Patty Szymkowicz said...

I Luv Simple Abundance, it makes THE best altered poetry too!
Fresh baked bread for your party ... lucky guests!
The wind has been ferocious hasn't it!
oxo