Friday, January 1, 2010

Happy New Years -- 2010 in the Breeze

My New Year's day has been devoted to finishing up the challenge over at PaperWhimsy for the Hilda Conkling Poetry. I joined the journey the first of March 2009 and have just finished the final three poems. So with little talk and more photos, here they are...... (yes, I also made some New Year's Resolutions which I usually don't do... but I wrote them down and the word for 2010 -- Organization!). Enough of my words - now to Hilda's poetry:


For song nets I grabbed my Turkey netting from Thanksgiving this year and my trusty stapler and went to it!



Next we move on to Lonely Song....


One of my resolutions is to use up items I have held onto all year... you know like hoarding - but not like the TV show, I hope.... I love these "gold" picture corners..


And the last may be my favorite. The photos do not do it justice as the background paper is bold white but shows up a little gray here...... I give you Lullaby...


I used the "clock" works as my interpretation of the moon.... Both these pages have glitter but could not get it to show up in the photos....... I want a good camera this year and will start saving my pennies.... and then consult with the experts (like Julie) but that can wait for now.....

I have had a great day, haven't left the condo, worked on these poems and had glitter up to my elbows. What a wonderful way to welcome 2010! I am so not ready for my vacation to end.... Monday morning will be coming too soon.......... Oh, yeah, how about New Year's Resolution--be positive... Nope that was not one I made today...... LOL


1 comment:

~*~Patty Szymkowicz said...

glitter up to your elbows!
sounds like great fun!
Love what you've created, the poetry is so emotive as are your art pieces!
oxo