Wednesday, January 27, 2010

The Ink Blot creatures are backkkkk in the Breeze!

OK - I just needed to get one more Ink Blot person done since I have a total of three left to do. I think at this time, I send apologies to Sandra Evertson for the way I highjacked her ink blot ideas and ran away ranting and raving. These, of course, look nothing like her spectacular ones on page 83 in artists' cafe, volume 3. Nope, not even close. Hers blots are fragile. Mine are not. Mine are bold and have lost their ink blot bodies in my design. I sometime call them my bog people. Do I care, nope. She (Sandra) is so darn artistic and yes, boys and girls, I know we do not compare ourselves with other artists. We all dance to our own tunes playing in our heads....


This page started out with the creation of the ink blot. The problem with this one. It was just so darn big. I learned a lesson here. (The only thing I could think of was the headless horseman or headless priest....)



I had to cut it out and then find some larger pieces to design with it.... Hello, Maire (clip art from Itkupilli)..... the "dark side" of Marie. I found my Character Construction stamp, some black netting, black lacy stuff, and away we go....


Got her legs covered in netting. No lady goes to the Opera with her legs bare. Really.... not in my Paris anyway,


Decided to use my Painted Page Journal from a workshop I took with Michelle Ward since its size would lend itself to this big blot. Covered the page with decorative paper, sewed a ribbon, and slapped some paint on it.


And then the fun began. Dress Marie..... and dress her we did.... Used a pink magic marker on the gloved hands since it was a bold color and we needed to see her hands. A few glittery hair accents and there was Marie - 50 pounds heavier following the holidays,



And the total page:


Marie was placed on top of a page I cut out of a Martha Stewart Living magazine (I went for the size of it).... my small stamp of the little Parisian girl is from Fruit Basket Upset at Stamp Francisco. I love her. I called the page, Paris Wept.....

Goodnight, kiddies, and may visions of bog people dance in your dreams tonight.... LOL.


8 comments:

Diane said...

Oh Marlynn!!! :D This is sooo cool!!

Anonymous said...

Wow love love love that idea marlynn. How strange, i have just been making ink blot backgrounds
Now i know there is more to ink blots than meets the eye lol
hugs June xxx

Anonymous said...

Marie is so voluptous! What a fun thing to do and I just adore your take on ink blots. I may have to give this a 'go' myself!
Beautiful, my friend!

Debby said...

WOW!! You are on a roll. These are such fun. I saw them in The Gallery, finally got around to reading it. You silly girl I didn't know you were going to be splashed all over the pages in there. Brought a huge smile to my face when I saw that..Clap!! Clap!!!
Debby

denise said...

ooh...rorschach should have hired you to make inkblots for his psychological test...sorry, my psychology background just had a quick free association...it would be interesting to have people analyze inkblots with more going on! thanks for sharing yours!

Anonymous said...

You. Are. Amazing.
Inspiring, too. I hadn't considered ink blots, but now I will!

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I swear, you have the MOST creative imagination! Marie is just the right size for after the holiday parties. Such a hoot. I'm definitely going to have to make a few of these, but I don't seem to work as fast as you.

~*~Patty Szymkowicz said...

Looks like she DID eat cake afterall!

Love your reveal and your ink blotskie art is fab Lady!!!!
oxoxo
p.s. Happy Friday!!!