Sunday, January 10, 2010

Sunday in the Honeysuckles

I've had that kind of day where you turn around and the day is almost gone. Yesterday was busy, busy, and busy. Took down all the Xmas decorations after I posted on the blog yesterday and there was a lot to take down and get back under the stairs and sort to take some stuff to the Goodwill,


....babysat Oliver while his mommy and daddy ran some errands and then came over for dinner,


and, then stayed up late for no other reason other than I couldn't fall asleep. This morning woke up and decided today was the day to work on my ATC card for my PaperWhimsy ATC project...Gotta Have Heart. I worked all day on this card and still not totally satisfied. I will let it sit for a day. I don't want to touch it just yet.


You will notice I used up some of the left over netting and found an old pen nib that had ink on it. Used some background paper that was a Robert Browning note to Elizabeth....


Got the back of the ATC finished and eventually laid out on a "red" piece of paper - will attach tomorrow when I am certain I am satisfied with the ATC card.


Watered the plants and noticed the Xmas cactus is getting ready to bud... both of them. Emily, the african violet, has been rejoicing in the Xmas holidays and still blooming....

Now I'm ready for a really good meal and cup of decaf. See you all around the Honeysuckles. And to all the new friends that have been stopping by, thank you - hope you have enjoyed what you have read. Hugs to all and to all a good night.....


5 comments:

Diane said...

I love your card. I also love Oliver, we watch Bob (French Bulldog),when my daughter and son-in-law are out all day--he's fun.

Anonymous said...

Love, love your artwork, and so glad to have found your site. The photos of your home look intriguing too, and I can tell we have a lot in common! I have a couple of books on ATCs, but haven't tried any yet -- this inspires me.

I am an altered book artist ... will give you the link to my artwork on my Facebook album someday if you like. (I occasionally post news of exhibitions on my blog, but mostly leave musings about the writing life there, for my students.)

Terri said...

It's a new year. Lots of new fun to be had! Your "Heart" atc is just lovely! The pen nib is a real find.
Maybe you will win this month! I will keep my fingers crossed for you.

Griselda said...

Thanks for visiting my site, I love your work as well :)
...and you are ahead of me, because my Christmas tree still up...no kidding! (my 16 year old son said it was sad to see it go, this year was so beautiful...how can I resist that)
Wishing for you a day of peace and creativity.
Griselda

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Joyous post. Your home makes me feel warm just seeing it. Enjoyed seeing your day through your eyes. And the slippers are too funny.