Saturday, January 16, 2010

One last time...... breezin' along

I told you I might get back to you and here I am. Lunch was great (sorry if you don't like your steak medium rare) and managed to get in a run to Goodwill! Finished framing the Amish girl and her cat.


On the back I used the trick my Aunt Mary taught me. I backed it with a Starbucks bag and then took my sponge and got it really really wet. I had to wet it at least two times to get to the "stretched" state I wanted it in:


Let dry and there you have it. Love the stretched bag:


Worked on my Cigar Box which I will be giving away. This is the top which is still in progress. Bought the seahorse at our scrapbook convention last June... knew I would find something to use it on... Background are transparencies from Angela Cartwright through Stamping and Company, the clip art is from ArtChix.



Over lunch I read my magazine Artists' Cafe from Somerset Studio. Filled with all sorts of goodies.

Had an article titled From Aha to Z by Jennifer Black which first appeared in the March/April 2005 Somerset. She did 26 cards representing the alphabet and I fell in love with them.


Pretty certain they weren't ATCs but it at least got me "kick started" to do some ATCs for the cigar box using letters of the alphabet. I know I am being vague here but I'm not even sure what my friends are going to do with this box so a few "clues" to the mystery can't hurt.
The letter F is for the Faeries.


The letter W is for the Woods.


I'm not done with the "W" just yet but will be by tomorrow. We will revisit it thinking I will spell out "woods" on it somewhere..... I'm yawning and it isn't 8:15 yet. Need to go downstairs and unwind. Hope your Saturday was as good as mine! See you tomorrow.

6 comments:

Terri said...

Hi Marlynn, it looks like you had a great day! Your cigar box is going to be special, and your ATCs look great! You have been busy!
I hope you have another great day tomorrow, I wonder what you will be creating.....

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

What a productive day! Creating and reading, creating and reading. Love those alphabet ATCs. So inspiring. I may have to try my hand at a few. Very inspirational post.

Diane said...

Marlynn!! These are beautiful!! More-More

Linda Jo said...

You ARE a busy woman! Your ATCs are great!

Debby said...

Sounds like the best day! I love the W atc, actually I like both. Beautiful work, my friend.
Debby

~*~Patty Szymkowicz said...

you certainly do get a lot of art and fun projects accompished...I am breathless catching up with you Lady!

Brilliant use of the sea horse, aren't they just THE most magical creatures!

Love your stitchery AND the back is fantastic too ... it will be much appreciated I'm sure!
oxo