Sunday, July 19, 2009

PaperWhimsey Challenge


I tried twice to load these photos on the paperwhimsy forum and it kept saying the file was too large. No it wasn't but I'm not in the mood to argue with a computer! LOL. Just finished the challenge on the Hilda Conkling Quotes. Her poem this time was called,

The White Cloud. It was a charming little poem:

There are many clouds

But not like the one I see,

For mine floats like a swan in featherness. . .


Let me tell you, I have been looking for my white feathers for three days. THREE days. Last I used them was on Marie - the one that got published in The Gallery. Yes, I did have some left over. OK, so I worked on this for two hours and it did not pop. Did not pop. So, I went over to the forum to see if anyone else had posted their poem yet. And there was Miss Chrisy and her white feathers. Darn nit..... I had to go back and look for the white feathers.....

I found them and I owe the inspiration to Christine. You did get me out of my chair and back into the closet to go through clear containers. And this time I found them....For some reason, when I look at clouds I think of angels. Don't know why. That is why I used an image from Stampington and printed it out on transparency. I have used this angel in the "Marie" art work I created. I still have a "booklet" out there at Somerset that has not been returned and if they decide to publish it, I so hope they use the "angel" page. Well, dinner is cooking and I need to check the oven. Have a pleasant eve.....

3 comments:

christine said...

I am beyond honored to be your inspiration, considering how inspiring you are!! This is sooo beautiful, and the feathers are perfect!

Debby said...

Gorgeous quote piece, absolutely love it.
debby

~*~Magpie's Nest said...

You know I am loving this creation, I swoon over swans....sounds a little like "I brake for swans" *ggg*