Monday, July 6, 2009

Clocks in the Honeysuckle Breeze

I was moving stuff around in my little chaotic "studio" yesterday and noticed a canvas piece I created several years ago. It was hanging on the wall right in front of me but I hadn't looked at it in a long time.


Originally created to be submitted to Somerset Home when it was first being published. This one never got submitted for one very specific reason: it was suppose to be a working clock and I could not get the "clock works" to stay mounted on the back of the canvas. To this day I don't know how I messed the back up BUT it still turned out fun.


I used some of my favorite paper at the time which I had to collage since I almost didn't have enough of it, some left over netting received in a gift package and the clock hands. I had found a clock "face" stencil that I drew and "filled" in and it came out pretty good. The "clock" that was submitted to Home was returned with a "thanks but no thanks." I have that working clock hanging in my living room. I love it too.



Life is good in the Honeysuckle. It will be a busy night tonight at "team" tennis which is, once again, another rain make-up from last Wednesday. The bad part - there will only be two females playing instead of the usual three. OH MY - I may have to even start out playing singles, OMG, you know how long it has been since these feet danced all over the singles court - a very very long time. Oh well, we all have to buck up and go forward and do stuff we might not want to do! Keep on smilin'


3 comments:

~*~Magpie's Nest said...

What does Somerset know anyway! Your clocks look great! And you are so right about feeling all out of whack with the computer on the fritz, life is so tied into it on many levels!
Glad you had such a fun fourth too, isn't this windows open July weather gorgeous! I feel so connected to nature even tho I'm inside :)

Debby said...

WOW!!!! The clocks are fabulous, no idea why they wouldn't have made the magazine! Oh well, you get to look at them whenever you like, so that is even better.
debby

Terri said...

Marlynn, those are lovely clocks! You are very creative!