Thursday, July 30, 2009

My dear les amies hanging out in the Breeze


Today, I did remember Wordless Wednesday and Patty's Serenity Tea Parties (my name for them not hers) ... but guess what, today is Thursday. How quick I forget!
Oh well, today I took the afternoon off and played some vigorous tennis double matches from 12:00-1:30. Headed home, took a cooling shower, and then made me an iced coffee. My mom use to love her ice coffee in the hot summertime in Oklahoma City and it took me years to find out why. It was good -- almost as good as the one's from Dunkin Donuts and as many calories.

After that pick-me up I came upstairs to work on my final Rolodex card titled "Amie" = Girlfriends. I enjoyed working on this one today and guess what, it was not what it originally planned and so I changed horses in mid-stream. (must be my Oklahoma upbringing).


Originally I did the red background because I was going to do A = apple but the PaperWhimsy image I selected didn't work. So, regroup, pulled out a French dictionary to see what would work for an "A" - yes I was determined to use that alphabet letter and since I used French on one other Rolodex card (M = merci) figured I would do the second one. Found three new images and we were on our way.



Now all I have to do is the backside of the four cards which will use dictionary words with the definitions of each word. Will work on that a little later. The fronts are done!

One other pretty to show you my dears. I ordered this incredible package from Where Women Create. It is called object of desire. The link will take you right to it. It is so wonderful and even smells "old" like the music in my grandmother's piano bench. Oh what wonderful memories. Just scrumptious, scrumptious, scrumptious! Beautiful eye candy, girlfriends!



1 comment:

Debby said...

Another beautiful rolodex card. Love the package also.
Debby