Thursday, July 23, 2009

Honeysuckle Breeze Musings


Or not......

On the way to work today while sitting in traffic, I notice a horseshoe on a piece of equipment. White on white, have to look close, nudge up, dig for camera, and the other drivers must have thought I was nuts as we were stopped at the red light. Hmmmmmmm Yup, a horse shoe hanging the way it should so the luck doesn't run out.... and the "shark" didn't touch it.... we kept our distance. OK, must not have been paying attention to my new book I'm listening to in the "Odd" series, but I really was.

So, team tennis went OK last night. We (the gals) won our doubles match in a tie break. Yea. My mixed doubles partner and I haven't played for at least three weeks and we weren't necessarily in sync but it was bundles of fun. Nope, didn't win that one, not even close.

Since we had a little rain and my tennis friend couldn't play after work I decided that when I got home I wanted to work on another blank page in the Gratitude Journal. And so, I challenged myself to:

1) Use a rubber stamp I haven't used

2) Use the Starbucks paper from a coffee break today

3) Use some clip art which is scattered around

4) Use some rub-ons

5) Have fun, don't stress, and get it done in a couple of hours

The results:

And, it was fun. Yes, I even "wrote" on this page.... you know that is one of my goals as stated the other day. I also sewed. The stamp I used is called "Man of Distinction" from The Queen's Dresser Drawers. It has a coffee theme and thought it appropriate on the Starbucks bag.


I was pleased with the page.

OK, I am now changing the subject as I "sniffle" a little. Yesterday, I saw her again - the little lady bug. She was the cutest car I ever had. Yes, there are times I miss her and think I should have still hung on to her but that would have been silly. She was at the gym and her new owner had her top down, under a tree, and she looked happy. I still miss her every once in a while....


The shark is doing OK and the shark is a "big girl" car..... we will be together for a long time. By the way, did you figure out the license plate???? Check Wednesday post.... the word -- is --French for "Shark." Jimmy Buffet is alive and singing!

OK, back down to earth.....I probably need to start another page in the Journal. Will be back with you tomorrow. Sleep tight, pleasant dreams, and let little lady bugs dance in your life..... they are special.


4 comments:

~*~Magpie's Nest said...

you are my kinda gal, taking pics while driving and such a great patina you captured too M!

Your journal must be one fantastic piece of work, another great page you've created!
~*~ Patty

Debby said...

oh, you are so much fun!! That is one fantastic pic you got while cruising along.

The journal page your created it fantastic.
Debby

Terri said...

I love that you value these little things that often get passed by. Thanks for sharing the photo.
It shows that you are looking for ways to be delighted....cool way to live your day!

Terri said...

Also, your journal page is fab! What a great way to challenge yourself!