Sunday, July 12, 2009

A Honeysuckle Breeze Hello to Gladys


Hello my little chickadees.... Let me introduce you to one grand gal -- Gladys. She and I met in February 2006. I really love her. In fact, I loved her so much that I created 10 cards and submitted them to Stampers Sampler "A Different Point of View." No, she was never published and they returned them to me since I had included postage. They kept her for a few months and then they sent her home to me. Obviously, she was not what they were looking for which is cool.

I created a box for Gladys to ride in style on her journey to Stampington.... a cute box which I was really pleased with along with a note:

"Dearest Stampington friends –

Hello, my name is Gladys. It is a name my mistress gave me since my maker did not call me anything except a number, 4 8 15 16 23 42,…. (like OK OK), try 93018. Anyway, this is my journey through "A Different Point of View." Just for you – my creative friends at Stampington. I hope you find me interesting, cute, coy, flirtatious, and adventurous. My mistress has had a great time attempting to come up with my ten (10) enclosed cards – YES, she suffered some frustration and anxious moments, but in the end she managed somehow, to keep her sanity and humor.
And so HERE I AM ----- inside this box just waiting for you to discover my many moods and faces.
My mistress and I will be so
Thrilled if you decide to use me. . .
We will love you –
We will be more than willing
To wash your windows!
Yes, we stoop to bribes!
Thank you for your magazine
--- You keep us inspired.
Gladys"

And off she went. This week I want to introduce you to the ten cards I created along with instructions if you ever want to go and recreate her. I hate to admit this but I had forgotten all about these until I ran across them when I was looking for art work to design some Moo cards with. . . and here Gladys popped up.... One other thing: I could not create these without some type of greeting inside each one........ call me strange - - but I was compelled to - Gladys made me do it..... ah yes, she is a well-rounded old gal.



The first card was called simply, "Gladys." Cut out want ads from local newspaper, collage, glue to white card, and distress. Stamp image of woman (eat cake graphics)with chestnut ink on brown paper bag, clear emboss, watercolor, ink, and cut out. Stamp Corona typewriter (Club Scrap) on bright white paper, cut out, and attach to want ads. Stamp crown (Inkadinkado), cut out, pen ink, and apply to woman’s head. Attach woman and crown with foam tape to card. Stamp sentiment and attach with foam tape to card. Inside greeting was: "It's the good girls who keep the diaries. The bad girls never have the time. Tallulah Bankhead."


Gladys is also a closet beach baby. I know looking at her you wouldn't even consider this aspect of her personal life. But Gladys loves to head to the beach on the weekends and compete with all those young tramps in their skimpy swim suits.


Take Anne Taintor, Inc., postcard (I feel a sin coming on), trim, and attach to yellow/beige card. Add Beach Baby bucket (Meri Meri) accent. Stamp sentiment (River City Rubber Works) on post card. Stamp image of woman (eat cake graphics) on card stock, watercolor, ink, and cut out. Hang yellow slide mount around woman and adhere to card with red sticky tape. Inside stamped caption: "If you have nothing good to say about anyone, come and sit by me."


I hope you enjoyed your first visit with Gladys. You will meet up with her again shortly. Sunday has been a good day with some tennis thrown in along with chores. I didn't get back to Layer Love but will do lesson three soon, probably next Saturday. You can only imagine the kind of mess I create when I get into that !! You can only imagine.

1 comment:

Debby said...

LOL... You crack me up, love the box and the cards. Glady looks like a fun gal!
debby