Saturday, February 6, 2010

The PostOffice Closed down in the Breeze?

Just having coffee and looking out the dining room window (yes, I am on the third floor of the condos) and thinking..... the post office isn't open? OH no, tell me it ain't so.... the world is coming to an end....
Neither rain nor sleet nor snow nor ..... not true, not true, she runs screaming .... I just can't believe that this snow storm/blizzard just shut down the United States Postal Service in this area. They said they couldn't even move mail between their sites last night and can't this morning. OK, am I expecting a special package.... not really, just being dramatic. At least the postal workers can stay at home because they could not have made it to our mail boxes.... Oh yes, by the way, Goyle has disappeared.



Watching the trees carefully - power outages have started.

Just announced on the news that we (Sterling, VA) have 22" and yes, still snowing until late afternoon...... Here is a peek at my nephew-pup's patio across the way. I can view him from my front stairwell..... Nope, he is not out...


However, he and his mommy and daddy will be over tonight for Chili that is slow cooking in the crock pot... Yes, boys and girls, I already got a commitment out of his mommy that Oliver will be carried over....... Will close for a few hours for some creating time with an older photo of Oliver in the "who me?" look...... Yup, his little puppy butt will be over here tonight.....



5 comments:

Terri said...

Wow, that is a lot of snow! Poor Goyle jr.!
I can't wait to see your Fairy in the Garden ATC. I am going to go start mine now.
Wish me luck......

Anonymous said...

Ohhh beautiful piccys my friend, and still snowing ? good gracious i hope you can dig your way out ok. Oliver looks like a real darling
hugs June xxx

Debby said...

Thanks for the update, at least you are safe and sound. Looks like lots of snow to me. Wishing I could fly over and have some of that chili in the Breeze!! Sweet little Oliver coming for a visit, nice.
debby

~*~Patty Szymkowicz said...

gosh it's true, when is the last time you can remember the post offices closing for weather!!!

they are not calling it
SNOWMAGEDDON for nothing ;)

stay warm and cozy my friend!
oxo

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Where HAVE I been? I missed three posts while offline. You have the most beautiful pictures. Please, please tell me you are NOT going to work today.

I finally got it that Oliver is not your dog, but your nephew's dog and your nephew lives in the same complex.

I sure hope that chili was meatless. I doubt it was, though. That little snowman on the spatula doesn't need all that fat (grin)!

This was my kind of post. First you did a little art rework, then experimented, took photos along the way, and showed what choices you went through to get where you got. Now I'm off to check out your other blogs.