Thursday, February 11, 2010

Killer IceCycles and A Tag Triptych - all in the breeze

Am I being dramatic again, you betcha. Even Goyle is now iced up and beggin' to come in, which is no place for a Gargoyle.... excuse me Goyle we have protocol here. Oh my, oh my, I don't want to be under one of these Cycles when it drops. This snow season here in my part of Northern Virginia broke the old record of 61.5" of snow and managed to date to hit 75" and the season isn't over yet. We have a clipper coming next Monday evening but hey, after this much snow, 6" seem tame.


Yesterday during the blizzard, besides posting, I finished my PaperWhimsy Tag Triptych Project. This final project surprised me. I knew I wanted to use blue and with blue comes the "blue moon" which I am always fascinated with! Here it is...


I started with the center image, a fav girl of mine (a printed sheet, Darling Girls # 182 from PW -- NOTE: not a digisheet which means I have to be very careful since I can't "reprint"), and played with several layouts for a while. I also had to reprint my PaperWhimsy Curtains, digisheet 058, several times because I got tacky glue on the ones I cut out to use... once again an "Oh No" moment for me. How did this happen? Well, the first background is also a PW image, Digisheet 122, printed onto canvas. Had to use TackyGlue between the canvas and paper tag and wasn't as neat as I should have been or TRIED to be. So after trying to remove a glue smudge and removing glue down to a "white" spot on the curtain - yes, REPRINT and then layered only portions which ended up giving it some depth. Same with the ribbon on the top. Layer, layer, layer!


Managed (after lesson learned from the center tag) to get the two side tags created quickly without any tackyglue mishaps....



I really love the Prima Chatres Lace flowers, also from PaperWhimsy. Attaching the tags together - nope, I usually haven't had any luck maybe because I never concentrated on it.... so I used masking tape and put some lace on top because I didn't like the look of it and then stamped it up!

Well, that is it for now. I do need to go out and check my car. Wherever you are stay warm. Crazy weather ALL over the states and into Canada! WOW.... gives new meaning to a future date (do you hear the Twilight Zone tune a hummin' here) Dec. 21, 2012, 12:00PM Greenwich, England.... oh my, what did them Mayans know? Some have called it the grand cycle of evolution culminating on the winter solstice -- a time of transition.... oh boy, always love a good party. Huggies to my bloggy friends..... The sky is falling - oh, ok, ice is falling beware and cover your head.

11 comments:

~*~Patty Szymkowicz said...

I am coveting your icicles woman!!!
AND your whimsy tryptch (sp?) WOWEE is that ever gorgeous
I have to say you get me every time, I am a picture clicker for the zoom shots ... you woman of mystery you!
BEAUTIFUL blues front and back, I am such a sucker for blue everything!
oxo
still so windy out, but what a difference a blue sky makes eh!

Debby said...

OH my heart, your tryptch is gorgeous. You really know how to sing the "BLUES", amazing piece. the sun is out and the icecycles are melting fast and furious here, getting longer by the minute. I will have to go out later and knock them down, so heavy on the eaves. Keep creating, it just gets better and better.
hugs,
debby

forcryeye said...

Oh where oh where did you get the tree stamp on the back of your triptych????????? It is divine. I love the color, and the naughty looking girl! Watch for falling ice!

Diane said...

Marlynn, this is gorgeous--you should wish for more snow, so you can stay home and keep doing this--your creativity is flowing!!

Unknown said...

The back is just as beautiful as the front, very innovative! Love it more now - if that were possible xxx

Terri said...

Your triptychs is beautiful! I love the stamped back as well.
Lucky you stuck in your home all week! I am so glad you had these days of creating.

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

This triptych is absolutely gorgeous. Is this for a swap? It is beautious. You have really made the most of your time off work.

Lovey said...

These are quite beautiful!! Wow! Amazing Marylnn!

Karen said...

I am definately LOVING this beautiful creation!! Love your blog to Marlynn!
xxoo

Karen said...

My to is missing an "O"LOL, oops!

Marlynn said...

Thanks for stoppying by Karen! Glad you like the triptych!