Thursday, February 25, 2010

A this ANd A That in the Breeze

A few quick notes today. I got a new camera... Let me introduce you to it - haven't named it yet. Will do that later. Cool? I love it. This is not an impulse buy since I have been thinking about this purchase since last August and I have saved my pennies. When I took the tennis photos last summer to make business cards for some friends, I had to borrow a camera and I really enjoyed taking the photos.


I contacted another blogger friend who has ventured into photography (she is a professional -- no doubt about it) I asked her for her recommendation in my price range and this is it. Played with it last night once I got the batteries juiced up:


The photo above was taken from across the living room when I was playing with the zoom... love zooms... Close-ups are great.... (for some things.... wrinkles, no)


I need to print some images out tonight for my Saturday workshop with Claudine Hellmuth. I have also decided to work on another Asian wax for a friend and need to get specific items printed. My Fridays, after my hour-long workout with James, are just so like I-don't-want-to-do-anything-except-vegetate! So, tonight is it. Will be switching between the Olympics and Survivor. You won't believe it but my Godson nephew is in Vancouver and might be on the TV when they filming the ski arials. He says they were up near the front. What does this all mean - I don't have a clue but I will be calling, "Aaaaaroooon is that you?"




7 comments:

Terri said...

Marlynn, I wish you many happy hours with your new camera! I have a new one too and am getting to know it.
I see you have Cranford!!! Me too!!! I absolutely LOVE it!

Julie Prichard said...

Alright! Good looking shots...well lit and nice detail..you're off to a good start with your new pal!

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I'm delighted that your new camera is so user friendly. It takes great shots and the lighting and depth of field are perfect. You'll look like a pro in about a day!

Debby said...

Did yah see him?? It was snowing there! I am so happy you got such a great camera. Tom bought me a Nikon Coolpix P90 last July and I love it! I have a long ways to go to call myself a photographer..LOL..

~*~Patty Szymkowicz said...

Oh how exciting!
I play with my camera each and every day, in fact, had to get a second battery, so it's always ready to gogogo!
Enjoy Enjoy!
oxo

Anonymous said...

That new camera looks beautiful, as are your photos! We love our Canon, although I sometimes get lazy and just use my iPhone in a pinch. But the Canon quality is unbeatable -- you'll have a blast with it, I can tell. And oh, how I envy your workshop with Claudine Hellmuth! Can't wait to hear all about it, so be sure to report back, Ok?

Lovey said...

Marlynn! Congrats on your beauty of a camera! I hope you have fun getting the greatest shots ever! I had a Canon makes wonderful cameras. Have fun with it! I have a Nikon D90 now that I absolutely love! My Heart to Yours...