Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Getting ready to wax wanely in the Breeze

Today, I headed to Michaels' Craft store to check on some supplies for my waxing workshop this weekend and look what I found on the clearance sale table...... I bought....


On Saturday I will have the pleasure, again, of taking a workshop with Claudine Hellmuth. This one will be a Beeswax one! This was rescheduled since our first date was the day of the infamous 34" of snow. I have been gathering my waxing tools, and items I need to take. I am not sure what I am going to work on - right now thinking it will be a cigar box to hold all of my Alphabet Cards.



I have "waxed" before and I really do enjoy it. Several pieces you might remember include the recent Asian one for a friend:


And a family photo which was the first piece I worked on:



I also enjoy working with encaustic wax, love the colors, especially on stamped images:



I made a calendar in 2007 and played with the encaustic wax (and as you can see I favor the green, yellow, pink and blue....:


So needless to say, I now need to go and find some images I want to use on my cigar box. I will leave you with one more image of my encaustic waxing!


7 comments:

Diane said...

I've never used beeswax before, but I know eventually I will--I love the look of it. I went to Michael's today, and bought some embellishment jewelry type stuff that was on clearance. What I bought is basically what you have in your first photo. I love these!

Diane said...

And I almost forgot--Claudine Hellmuth!!!

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

My friend Kathy bought a bunch of those Tokens pieces (at full price) awhile back. She would go crazy if she knew they were on clearance. Nice selection.

Your beeswax and encaustic collages are simply darling. I would love to take a class with Claudine Hellmuth. She is by far my favorite collage artist, because of her minimalistic style. However, she seems to be stuck on poppets, and that has gotten old. I can't wait to see what you learned in the class, so take lots of photos (grin).

Debby said...

WOW!!! Is there anything you can't do? Have fun at the class, how fun! I am scared to death of the wax, haven't tried it..I am still giggling about the caravan, come on get going. I can't believe you are there...hehehe...
hugs,
Debby

~*~Patty Szymkowicz said...

Can't wait to see what you get into with Claudine! I know it will be wonderful! Beeswax is so yummy to play with!
Love all of your creations, but of course the swan is my fav ... I just happen to have that stamp too :)
oxo

Unknown said...

It would be neat to meat Claudine, but othewise, I don't know what you are going to learn from her. You are already fearlessly and wonderfully waxing along!

Terri said...

Lucky you! Another workshop with Claudine!
Your ATCs look fab in that box. I can't wait to see how you decorate it.
Those are some fab clearance finds....
I love your beeswax pieces!