Sunday, February 21, 2010

And more little atcs in the Honeysuckles....

Wanted to get in a quick post today. I was able to get two and a half more ATC cards done. We now have: (1) T for Three; (2) L for Lesson; and (3) E for Eye Candy. The 2 1/2? well you have seen one ATC that I did go on and repurpose for the Alphabets...

I did use the paper I mentioned to you the other day... it is hiding beneath everything. I then added some lace and the statement, "and baby makes three."


When I first started working on this one, I realized it had to have a music sheet behind it and then I thought it needs SO much more as it was a little boring. And so we got to this point:


A few flower headdresses...... a flower in the corner....., bling buttons.... an old earring taken apart and I have a musical note.... I was feeling the music on this one and am pleased with it. The images used in "Three" and "Lesson" are from Itkupilli.


The HALF card is my Edgar Allen Poe one made in November 2009. I had to include Edgar, and please note, if he were alive today I would be lusting after him. Just an editorial comment. That's all. Lust not Love. ... . So I added an "E" and the statement Eye Candy........ It was originally called "Nevermore" - but Eye Candy also suits it. Edgar and Doll Face are from Digital Collage Sheets.

Had a pleasant surprise at the crop last night. It was called a "Murder to Die For" crop.... OK, why not, a crop is a crop. OK.... It was based on a character from two books by Joanna Campbell Slan, Kiki Lowenstein. Joanna has written two books: Cut, Crop and Die and Paper Scissors Death. Well, she has moved to our area and was at our crop last night. How fun! I have not read the books but did get autographs for them. And we had a murder reenactment (Larcy won the grand prize). I did have the books since Oliver's mummy (Larcy) gave me both of them for my recent birthday..... Got stuff done and had fun visiting with old friends.

I now need to get the "back" information stamped and put on the ATC cards .... I have just been creating and dealing with the chores here..... What is the back you ask? Well, it is this...




Need a cup of Java and get the laundry out of the washer, yada yada yada.... See you tomorrow.

7 comments:

Debby said...

BOy, I wish I had your energy, always on the go. I really like Baby makes 3. Gotta get ready for the big game tonight.
Hugs,
Debby

Unknown said...

When I saw your new post on my blog roll, I HAD t come over and see your ATCs! Love them all! The Edgar ATC does look familiar and I see you are STILL carrying a torch for him. You like dark, brooding men? heehee

I like the lace trim on "Baby Makes Three". Great additons too to your "boring" second ATC. The end result looks perfectly interesting!

verification word, "mests"-
messy nests

Diane said...

These cards are great--I really like the T card now. When I was young, very young (like before my teen years), I used to read Edgar A. Poe--the one I remember the most was Tell Tale Heart. I love any kind of haunting, dark, mysterious people, movies--you get the picture.

Lori Saul said...

What a fun post and beautiful ATC's - I have enjoyed my first visit to your lovely blog and would love to visit again!

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

See, I knew you would bling those two ATCs up after showing them the other day. And bling you did. What an amazing bit of eye candy you provided us with this cold and nasty morning. They are all simply wonderful, including the one you reworked.

Congrats to Oliver's mum for winning the prize. Sounds like a really fun way to spend a Saturday night.

~*~Patty Szymkowicz said...

fun transformation of your cards, that pink lace is wonderful!
and fun to see that doll head pop up again ... sheer eye candy ;)
have you been to the Poe museum in Baltimore? We almost went LOL, ended up just seeing his grave(s).
oh and the back of your atc looks fab too!!!
oxo

Terri said...

I really like all your ATCs and I enjoy seeing the process you go through. Your back is fab as well!