Saturday, February 13, 2010

in the Honeysuckles ... P is for.......

I owe this one to Elizabeth - I've said it before - since I have started following her blog I have been "cleaning" my space after each creation. Pop over to visit her at Altered Book Lover. I would show you my clean space but that would be boring since it would be a clean slate - OH no.... So I won't because I mussed it up to create the next Alphabet ATC.

This one is P for Paper Chase....

This was a labor of love. I used a small coffee bag from Starbucks for the basic background paper. (I love their coffee) I used one of my rusty finds from my parking lot (I love rust)- a Paper Clip - and an image from my fav gal, Itkupilli, which appears in her Dark Gothic Weird collection, Zombies! Check the images out (love them).....and they are digital so I can use them over, and over, and over....


The old newspaper I used was in a package of "old" paper I picked up over at Nathalie's Etsy Shop, Ruby Floy. Remember that items change over there so you need to keep checking back or send her a message. She is very accommodating.... I know, my PayPal loves her. *kiss*kiss*. Now I wasn't paying that much attention to the newspaper at first, it was in with other items such as several pages from an old hymn book, German pages from an old book, etc. I cut out the one article concerning General Dwight D. Eisenhower (prior to his presidency) and it was about an attack by the Russians - hey newspaper headline... and then there was snow in Kansas.... and then....

do you see it - I didn't at first.....


Fall on scissors fatal - how appropriate! LOL - the next line (which I am saving for something else) read: "Blade Strikes Heart of Retired California Teacher" - beware my crafty chickadees - the Blade Strikes.... ohhhhhhhh, what a title. You couldn't make this stuff up! No, no..... Well, the blade did not strike me, however, I am always unlucky when it comes to glue. I have mentioned this before in posts. Me and glue should be kept apart at least by 50ft. I think I need a restraining order.... yes, i do...


I kept squeezing it and nothing was coming out but I was getting tacky white stuff on my hand. Hmmmmm and then I spied it... OK, maybe the glue was old? BUT it didn't have to come out and attack me.....I attacked it (with apologies to Claudine Hellmuth Studio Multi-Medium Matte which I use constantly and had just emptied the bottle for this creation)...... NOTE: I used Claudine's Matte on everything on the ATC except the rusty paper clip - at that point I had an empty container of Matte since I had used my finger to scrape every last bit of matte out....and a paper clip to attach. Clip is attached and now the bottle has a label that reads, "Killer Tacky Glue."


Well, I need a cup of coffee to wake myself up. Headed over for kisses from my little puppy-nephew Oliver. His mommy and daddy are celebrating my birthday tonight. Oh boy, a night with the pup - and his mum and dad.....
If I don't come back for another visit with you today, have a great rest-of-the-day, kiddies...

3 comments:

Debby said...

LOL...you sure done a number on the glue..hehehe..What a great atc, full of elements.
have fun with Oliver.
debby

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Wow, I never realized I was THAT influential. Doesn't it feel good to go into a room that is clean and uncluttered? So what if you mess it up again. There's definitely less mess when you clean up each time.

I sure hope you and Oliver have fun tonight. I'm off to watch the All-Star basketball weekend. That's where I'll be and have been since last night.

I love, love, love that ATC. I was laughing so hard, I nearly wet myself. It really is a paper chase. And of course, that glue bottle is something that would happen to ME. Too funny and a definite clean up!

~*~Patty Szymkowicz said...

glancing at Elizabeth's comment, I have no idea what she's talking about "clean and uncluttered" ??? vas ist das? ;)

Bad bad glue ... you won in the end with that fab ATC, Love the ghoulchild AND rusty things are always the best!
oxo