Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Life Lesson # 2 in the Breeze - Friends are Forever

Before we get to the topic boys and girls, we will first go over a few of the activities in the Breeze today. Enjoyed another free day off thanks for the snow with more headed in - they are now hedging on the amount of snowfall but it will continue through tomorrow. The concern is winds tomorrow and blowing snow coming down and snow already on the ground. Today I was able to get the first of the Tag Triptych. I am calling this creation "Blue Moon" and have been writing some of my own quotes for the piece since I can't find exactly what I want. All images are from PaperWhimsy. We will see.

Food run today ahead of the snow. I am convinced with so much snow our primal genes come out and we know what to do in the cold and snowy tundra... eat comfort foods. Potatoes, bread, ice cream, sour cream, you know what I mean?

How did those TWO little containers get in my freezer?

Just heard the Federal Government is closed again tomorrow - three days in a row. WOW. Nope, I don't work for the Feds but we close when they do - think I mentioned that before.

Oliver Update: He got a hand-me down sweater... Thank you Barbara, he showed up at my doorstop in the preppie sweater and was just a prancin' - just too cute. Glad you got to talk to him over the phone:



He is saying Hi to you Barbara....

Now on to the topic at hand, Friends Forever. We have all seen cute stuff sent around on our emails about friends and how much they mean to us and the essays make you feel warm and fuzzy, you know the drill. Take it from me, it is true, you have "friends" show up in your life at certain times and then disappear as suddenly as they dropped in. I call these friends angels-in-disguise. Although they may not know what they have done or when they did it, they are the ones that the angels are working through. We have all had them.

The Special Friends from Childhood: I have had one friend since junior high and we are still close today. These are the friends that never go away, they are always there and you can pick up the phone and start the conversation where you left off the year before. Betsy and me,

1977


2002




2003


2005

We were at the Louvre and the night before we were walking down the street toward the Eiffel Tower, chuckling, asking each other if we would or could have imagined while musing and sitting on our college beds, -- us walking together in our late 50s toward the Tower. No way, as we limped along!

Friends are Forever. Hold them close. Here is a special one and if I had a little girl, she would be it. She was there for me when I had to have heart surgery, she was there to help me recover from it, looking over me, taking care of my Cricket cat, yes, she was there. And we have been there for each other over the years. She threw me the most incredible 60th birthday with CupCakes for everyone at a crop we were at and then she got me a pink gorilla. What are Friends For, I ask you?



And finally, this sweet gal - I have watched her grow up since she was 20, had a baby girl, and we are also close. I have watched her daughter grow since she was a baby and I have witnessed what an incredible mother she has become:


Those are my two little girls - not by birth - but by fate. Once again, always remember the importance of the special ones in your life. They were put here for a reason. They are enhancements to your family. They are special. What are friends for? Hold them tight. Keep them safe. That's it for now, Boys and Girls. Tomorrow we will discuss Life Lesson # 3 - Karma is a Mean Muse. Nighty night....

6 comments:

Lovey said...

Loving...Friends Forever! By the Way...you haven't changed a bit over the years...smiles. I hope to one day be added in the Breeze...My Heart to Yours...

Diane said...

Wonderful post Marlynn--that is so great that you still have a friend from junior high--I'm sure you two are more like family now--loved it!

Terri said...

Lovely sharing Marlynn. I am thrilled for you that you have grown such loving friend/family ships.
Your triptychs is coming along beautifully. I wish I had joined in that one, but I seem to be in a jewelry groove right now.
I am looking forward to seeing how yours turns out, with all this free time it could be any minute now, eh?
Hugs to you!

Debby said...

ACK!!! I love this post and happy to say I consider you my friend. You are a bright spot in most of my days. I love Oliver's new sweater, your PW piece is awesome and I have enjoyed seeing all the great pics. I am telling you, it sounds like you are going to get hammered with snow again. What is up with that?

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Your triptych is starting off great. Your Life Lessons post brought tears to my eyes. How thoughtful of you to honor these special people in your life. BTW, what happened to your dark hair (grin)?

~*~Patty Szymkowicz said...

I was just telling someone how hungry snow makes me!!!
Have you tried the long thinish Ciabatta at Wegman's bakery? Oh we DO enjoy that very much!
Love the closeup of your PW girl, SO lovely!!!
Great friend post!
oxo