Wednesday, April 21, 2010

X = Xanadu

The Saga of the ATC Alphabet Card......A journey (getting poetic here, work with me you little honeysuckles....)

Starting out on Monday evening, I had a few ideas that weren't quite jelling. I knew:

(1) I wanted the next card to be Asian; and


(2) I wanted to use the word Xanadu

So I pulled out MORE images:


Slowly, it was working..... I took time to read the Samuel Taylor Coleridge poem, "Xanadu -- Kubla Khan" and -- no -- on second thought, this image might not really be working with the poem......


"In Xanadu did Kubla Khan
A stately pleasure-dome decree:
Where Alph, the sacred river, ran
Through caverns measureless to man
Down to a sunless sea"

The beauty of the words are there:

"Where blossomed many an incense-bearing tree;
And here were forests ancient as the hills,
Enfolding sunny spots of greenery."

However the line that caught my eyes was:

"And 'mid this tumult Kubla heard from far
Ancestral voices prophesying war!"

Yes, I think it worked.


OK, back to putting crafty stuff up and trying to do a little more cleaning and organizing. *Sigh* Nighty night......

5 comments:

Terri said...

Xanadu Ancestral Voices is fab! Wow! I love the layered look, it really looks like the ancestor is behind. I love your process and how you go about creating.
Tomorrow is Thursday already! Can you believe it? I hope you have a great day.
Hugs,
Terri

~*~Patty Szymkowicz said...

YES indeed it DID work out beautifully M, but that's no surprise, your create so many wonderful things ... I'll be dreaming of Kubla Khan now ;)
That is THE most precious little one, think I've said that already!
oxo

Diane said...

I hope you post all of these wonderful alphabet cards together when you're finished. Isn't it amazing how writers can create art with words?

Debby said...

I am liking this lots, another great card.
Debby

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

After all that prep, it's no wonder this ATC works so well. Your layer after layer of art spoke through this piece even louder than the Ancestral Voices.