Monday, April 26, 2010

Tennis Monday - Rained out - now Silent

LOL - kind of imagine a Silent Sunday that my dear friend Elizabeth does over at Altered Book Lover, maybe..... and then come to think of it I've seen some Silent Wednesdays so I guess I could be silent any day of the week but those who know me will think that is impossible. I was going to be playing tennis tonight and started this post last night thinking I would have it automatically load today and so I wanted to share with you a wonderful Art Postcard I received from one of my BFFs - Nathalie..... she has a wonderful blog known as An Artist Legacy. Here is the kicker on this one..... She didn't have a clue when she created this that my nickname is "Mimi" - hmmmm is that a little spooky or what?


And in my younger days, I wore clothes like this and had dark long brunette hair? Hmmmmm...

OK, enough of this rambling..... on with nothing whatsoever....we had a visitor at my office building today....

I loved his black webbed "feet" so cool. We helped him cross the parking lot by throwing ourselves in front of moving cars. OK, kind of..... but there was ONE car that was backing out. We threw ourselves in front of moving cars and he made it safely to the other side of wherever he was headed....


Work with me honeysuckles, all we need to do is hum, "On the Road Again" - no, not as road kill, just hum..... work with me.....And to close the post. I have never like ever, nope never, seen a hundred year old bonsai tree. 100 years, boys and girls, 100 years:Is it not a beauty...... Not sure if it is a "he" or "she" - any ideas? Is "it" not a beauty...... Not sure if it is a "he" or "she" - any ideas?


9 comments:

Debby said...

What a fun collage! You make me laugh every day. Is that a Canada goose? Don't you hurt him down there...hehehe..
Hugs,
debby

Julie Prichard said...

100 years?? Really? I'll drink to that!

Terri said...

Marlynn, or should I say "MiMi"....she has got you pegged, right down to the lovely brunette hair. You don't happen to have two Italian dogs do you?

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I think it is WORDLESS Wednesday and didn't even know about it until I started doing Silent Sunday. I think a lot more people do WW because it's one of those collaboration things. Only one person doing SS (grin), but appreciate the shout out.

Nathalie is so thoughtful. I need to get back to her blog and tell her how she has you pegged.

Wait till the Canadian geese come to live at your place. Not only this guy, but about 100 or so of his/her closest relatives. They won't be nearly as "cute." However that bonsai tree is ugly, but awesome. It looks younger than I feel today!

Diane said...

I have a Christmas Cactus that belonged to my husband's grandmother. We always put it outside in the summer, and one year we forgot about it and just set in our garage in November until the following Spring-but you guessed it--after we cut away the dead leaves--there was new growth. Now it's very healthy and blooms twice a year. We're in our 50's--and if it was his grandmother's, then you can imagine how old it is!

Jan Hennings said...

Great photos!! :)

~*~Patty Szymkowicz said...

Nathalie is something else, just fabulous and there are no coincidences I'm sure :)
I raise my cuppa to your (?) 100 year old bonsai = WOWEE!
Great goose rescue you!
oxo

Anonymous said...

Love the collage, and all the images you've shared here ... especially the early photo of you! How cool is that?

Unknown said...

ROFLing about the hair-do coincidence! Definitely creepy. Pegging your nickname was odd enough!