Saturday, April 24, 2010

K = Killer Klowns

What can I say - I loved that movie.... 1988, Killer Klowns from Outer Space. OK, I know I am quirky, I admit it without argument. I am comfortable in my quirkinesssss....

BAck to topic at hand....Killer Klowns, oh yes. The K card came together when I heard "killer" on Most Haunted today (yes, watching my DVR at lunch) and then I remembered one of my fav "worst" movies rated B (for BADDD) in the whole wide world. Until you watch it, don't judge. If you would like to read about it: click here. (hey it was labeled a comedy kind of) And - so inspired, I started with the lovely Elizabeth's (Altered Book Lover) deli paper that she sent to me a while back.

All of the images used here are from two different digital collage sheets from Itkupilli's Clown collections" (1) Clowns and Pierrots, and (2) Vintage Circus. I love her images and many of you know because you keep seeing them? LOL. I had fun with this card:

Added some rhinestones, some buttons, some stickles.... What more could a gal ask for?

Because of the "busyness" of this card, I decided to place the letter "k" on a red button to lift it up and away from the card. It kept getting lost. Did the same with the "sick" klown face in the middle. I used some pop dots to give it some depth.

The little bunny was an after thought - and no, he is not lunch, because I needed to add something right in that spot to bring it all together and he was just the right size. Hope you enjoyed this card because I am now trying to figure out the next letter. Only FOUR left.... today has been one of those great Saturdays... grey and rainy but sun was out early so I did get in cardio tennis this morning. Lunch was delish, a salad,

Even got in a tea break about half way through creating the "k" card..... Larcy brought me some great tea back from South Carolina for taking care of my nephew pup, Oliver, and I love the dish she gave me at Christmas time:

Tonight, bacon and eggs, and an "original" movie on the SyFy channel - The Mothman. I so love that urban legend. I wanna go to the Mothman Museum in Point Pleasant, West Virginia. Sounds like a cool weekend trip to me. OK, my little suckles, tonight I wish you a pleasant sleep with dancing dreams of circus clowns all night long. Nighty night....



5 comments:

Diane said...

Marlynn, love your Klowns--my son loves that movie, and of course he has the DVD! I didn't read your comment on my blog until just now, because I had a feeling.... you see I heard that Survivor was good but I hadn't watched it until just now, and I didn't want to know what happened. I'm not a big fan of Parvarti's, but I gotta hand it to her--she played that hand very well. Rupert is going to be fuming!!!

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I've never heard of Killer Klowns, but I sure love the ATC you made. You are too, too kind to give me credit for deli paper, when it is you who made the ATC work so well. Those baby portobello mushrooms look killer delish to me. They are better than a steak any day!

Have a splendid rest of the weekend.

LuLu Kellogg said...

Hi Marlynn~

I found your Blog through Terri at Artful Affirmations.

I LOVED this movie! Your "K" card is just awesome.

Wishing you a wonderful rest of the weekend,

LuLu Kellogg
Coastal Sisters

~*~Patty Szymkowicz said...

OK, I am not a clown lover (sorry) and Killer Klowns oh my ... that said ... I did like Elizabeth's deli paper, the bling and the bunny! I do wonder why creepy doll heads ARE my thing but not clowns, maybe I got scared by one as a kid?
It's like olives I think, people either Luv em or hate em *ggg*
your fruit and cheese platter sure looks tasty.
oxo
p.s. I am ignoring your last line LOL and hoping just the opposite, thank you very much

Terri said...

I have my hands covering my eyes.....(peek, peek).
O.k. I have to admit it...I am a chicken, and you can't hardly scare me more than to put the words "killer" and "clowns" together!

But, that said, I am still in awe of your process. The ATC is really really good, and I think that bunny just tops it off (he looks like he is trying to spy a way outta there!).

Hugs to you!
Terri