Friday, April 9, 2010

Carnival in the Honeysuckles


Happy, Happy Friday, boys and girls. It rained last night and my allergies are so happy, even the suckles are singing in the BREEZE and it is windy and colder but I am not complaining! We had 90 on Wednesday which is way too warm for this time of year and down to 30 tonight.

I have been working on a two pages in my Gratitude Journal. Many of you know that I did this journal last May for 30 days. I had to write at least 5 things I was grateful for that day and do it every day. Since May 09 I have gone back and created art on journaled and non-journaled pages. As I told you a while back, I have received wonderful gifts from my blogger friends and decided to use this opportunity to use those items. I'm trying not to hoard my loot.

From Debby at The Gathering Nest bunches of FUN! You saw her art work the other day. Love these images and had fun cutting them out.


From Elizabeth and Bleubeard some wonderful treated Deli paper. Stunning.


I spent evenings this week cutting out images and playing with a layout. I selected the "Fall Colors" - I always lean that way..... but this paper had a lovely purple mixed in. The page is much more shimmering and stunning than this photo shows.

Playing with a layout. Loved the images Debby sent from my dear Itkupilli.


Got serious and found two silk fall leaves and glued those babies down after I sewed on a maroon ribbon..... You can see the shimmers a little here....


Added the images:




Here are some closeups:







Let your inner clown soar!


5 comments:

Terri said...

"Let your inner clown soar"...I love it! I love to play. And I know you do to! Your new journal page is wonderful!
We had the lovely rain last night too and it washed away all the yellow pine pollen. YEA! And today was just beautiful, perfect even.
What a blessing!
Thank you for sharing how you made your page.

Debby said...

HOw fun! Glad to see you are being creative and love your new pages. Gotta love that inner clown, especially when it is soaring.
Hugs,
Debby
why am I up this late?

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I love how great you made that background look. I can make backgrounds, then get stuck making the foreground. Your Inner Clown is really soaring high in this one. Thank you for the link and the really kind words and for making my background paper look so stunning.

Diane said...

Marlynn, this is wonderful!! It should be framed. And I love that clown too!

jgr said...

Your pages are looking good! I like your tree, too! Glad you got some rain, we did and it helped the allergies.
Happy weekend!