Tuesday, April 6, 2010

And in the mail..... the breeze brought?

I know some incredible fantastic beautiful people through our blogs. Who would have thought, for me, just two years ago, I would meet all of you? I am still a little in shock. I started this blog in September 2008 and it is almost 2 years old. While I was in Anaheim I received some wonderful stuff in the mail from my dear friend Debby. It was through PaperWhimsy that I met Debby in March 09... Her blog was so beautiful and I loved the look of her blog, The Gathering Nest so much, I went to the person who designed her blog and had her redo mine..... As a belated birthday gift (what a surprise) she sent me "stuff" - my kind of "stuff" -


As you can see, I have already cut "stuff" out and am getting ready to use it. As Michelle Ward says so well - "She gets me!" Debby does understand my artist soul. Also in the packet to my surprise was this:






I can't tell you how much I admire her artistic creations. She doesn't even know that I printed one of her photos off her blog one time.... YES, I did it and I admit it AND she doesn't know it so DON'T tell her. It is on my wall in my creative chaos as a "muse prompt" - her runaway "muse" brought it to me and that's my story and I'm sticking to it. She will know what "runaway muse" means... her muse really did run away a while back, ask her....



It is the image on the right - the left one is a project I did which is a story all on its own.... I was using up trashy headlines in trash rags for something.... I won't bore you.... Anyway, this creation by Debby had images I love from Itkupilli and I even went over to her web site and bought the download. You have seen them used in my ATC cards..... So to my dear friend, Debby - thank you for all you do for me that you don't even know you do!
Hugs to all of you and Happy Tuesday!

6 comments:

Lovey said...

You are ever so gracious and sweet Marlynn. I've been blogging less than a year and I'm thrilled to have met all you wonderful bloggers through this online community! I'm blessed to have met you. Thanks for inspiring me when you don't even know you do too!! Smiles...

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I recently featured Debby at the Gathering Nest. Her art is stunning and I can see why you would be attracted to it. It's the kind of art, like yours, that I also get. And I'm glad you're blogging, too. If not, we would never have met!

Great gifties in the mail, too.

Terri said...

Marlynn, you are so blessed! That is amazing what Debbi has sent you! I remember that piece of digi art that you copied. I really love it too.
Her shadow box creation is so fab! Lucky duck you!

Diane said...

All wonderful--I love her blog--and yes you do have the same style as her.

Debby said...

They are not allowing me to leave a comment. BLAH!!!! Who do they think they are??

Anyways so happy you like your goodies, have fun with them. Laughing that you printed my digi pic, I like that one also.
Hugs,
Debby

~*~Patty Szymkowicz said...

ooo wonderful art mail for certain!!!
I am lucky enough to have one of Debbie's ATB's (artist trading blocks) we were in a PW swap ... I miss PW!
oxo