Saturday, April 10, 2010

Poefully

Some of you know my love affair with Poe. I love him and if I had lived in his time, yes, I would have stalked him - but then again, we might have had a mutual admiration society composed of him and me.

I read his books as a teenager, I saw his movies with Vincent Price, I read his poetry, I want him. But alas, we live in two different times and miles apart. So, for my upcoming CraftChix ATC Swap - once again I focused on Poe.

Got all of my images together. Images of Poe was from a download of digital sheets from Digital Collage Sheets. It was titled "Edgar Allan Poe...No. 1." The background sheet was from PaperWhimsy and was digiwhimsy sheet 143. As my base for the PaperWhimsy sheet I used black ATC cards from Sunday International. I love them. I also used (if you collect postal stamps, don't look, don't read) a commemorative stamp set of Poe. Those stamps are beauties.


Once I laid out the backgrounds, the page from an old book, and the Poe image using Claudine Hellmuth multi-medium matte (which I swear by) I made the mistake of thinking if was dry and I could turn it over and rub the back. NOnonononononon..............



Do you get the idea it didn't work..... I composed myself and redid one card. Got some smarts. And then laid out all eight and thought I was done.



All we needed was the caption maker to make the word "poefully"..... Done, did I say I was done, you know me. This is like way to clean for me to be done with it. OK, I added some ribbon.


Done? Ahhhhhh, I don't know, feeling it needs one more thing - black leaves:

Yes, now I'm done... Just need to stamp some paper and put my ATC information on the back.


All the little ATCs in a row ready to packed up for my weekend with the girls next week!



One of my favorite quotes from The Raven (nope, not "Nevermore") and from the stamp sheet:


Not much more to say - well, except I'm headed out to play tennis! Happy weekend.

5 comments:

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

What a Poe post. Actually, it was pretty Poe-etic. Having a love affair with a dead poet? Now THAT'S a novel I could write.

Your ATC receivers are quite lucky. Have a poefully good weekend, dear.

Jan Hennings said...

Great ATC's!

Debby said...

Love reading about you and your Poe! The atc's are fab!
Debby

Diane said...

I think Poe was a tortured soul--I wonder what he was like just as a person?--hmmmm

Sugar Lump Studios said...

your ATC's are gorgeous! love the wonderful detail in them!