Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Getting Arboreal # 3 in the Breezy Honeysuckles

Hello, my little honeysuckles. Today is all about trees. I am borrowing a quote I saw on Patty's lovely blog, Magpie's Nest,


"The best time to plant a tree was 20 years ago. The next best time is now." Chinese Proverb


I am not only thinking about trees today - I am obsessing - because this is the earliest and worse pollen season we have had in like forever. Seems all of the 70" of snow we had is causing our trees to have a "feeding" frenzy. They are well fed this year and are not thirsty. They are tasting the good life and I'm sneezing.

OK, suckles, belly up to the bar and listen to my tale... let's step back in time to August 27, 2009, from my blog for that day:

"Oh boy, big word: "Arboreal" = (1) of, relating to, or like a tree; (2) inhabiting or frequenting trees.... I really like # 2 -- inhabiting or frequenting trees. Over at the land of lost luggage Julie is hosting her 2nd "annual virtual photo excursion. Getting Arboreal: A Nature Collection, will document a single trees journey from Summer to Fall/Winter to Spring." I have just selected my tree which is right outside my condo and I have watched this little tree grow since 1994. We have bonded and I have used photos of this one in previous blogs. I will be posting photos of this tree around November 8 and April 4. I really don't know what type of tree it is but it is mine."

And so the journey began.... I posted again on November 8, showing her leaves as they changed color and dropped, one by one.

In the winter, you saw her in her Cinderella dress ready for the ball.

And today, she is getting ready to shout with joy in her spring song. She is waiting for the birds to visit, the squirrels to scamper, and the dogs to sniff. She is mine and I have known her since 1994 and after Julie's Tree Project, I look at her differently today. I notice small changes. Her first buds from yesterday.....

Once she adds some new leaves, I will show you more photos of her... But for the time being, please be a tree hugger for one day. Hug your tree and hold it tight. The Chinese have always amazed me with their wisdom. They cherish nature.

"One generation plants the Trees; another gets the shade. Keep a green Tree in your heart and perhaps the singing bird will come." Chinese Proverb

Today she buds......

And now let me show you other flowering trees that are ahead of my tree in their budding journey -- the reason for my sneezing..... royal beauty - all of these dancing trees:




Happy Spring!



13 comments:

Jan Hennings said...

Great blog :) I had a publication is that issue of "Gallery" magazine too :)

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I love the seasonal dresses your tree wore. The way you collected them is great, too. I'm always amazed at your photography. This post goes so well leading up to Earth Day. I'm simply in love with it.

Debby said...

Thanks for sharing your glorious tree with us, so many moods!!!! All beautiful!
Debby

forcryeye said...

Happy Spring! I can't wait to see what my landscape is going to look like...I have only seen it in the fall! xo

Unknown said...

We have magnolias ("tulip" trees) blooming up a storm. Sorry to hear your allergies are acting up. Maybe you should clear your head with a good snort of old sheet music. ;)

Julie Prichard said...

I love how all of our trees now have new...better meaning to us..mission accomplished. Thank you, Marlynn!

Jill Zaheer said...

What a wonderful journey that you've shown us for your tree. She is beautiful and my favorite picture is of her winter white! Just gorgeous!

~*~Patty Szymkowicz said...

Really lovely post M! I adore trees of all kinds. Julie's project certainly is a great one!
Thanks for the kind mention too my friend!
Who ever heard of a pollen count over 4,000 :0 guess that is what happens when you get July temps in April things go POP POW ... feels nice and cool again after the rain!
Have a lovely Spring weekend!
oxo

Unknown said...

Hey Marlynn, Just saw this on the Yahoo Home Page...
http://health.yahoo.com/experts/drmao/25169/natural-allergy-relief-secrets-from-the-east/

Natural allergy relief secrets. Worth a try!

Janet said...

Wow! Beautiful post....love all the tree photos and the quotes.

I heard on the news that the pollen counts this year are off the charts!

Bea said...

"She" is absolutely gorgeous in full bloom. What a great photo story you have of your wonderful tree. Thanks for stopping by my blog. Do come again. :)Bea

di from di-did-it said...

Your winter photo is stunning. I like the Chinese proverb you shared too!

Unknown said...

You have such an enjoyable post-I wish I could tell a story like you! I hope you're not sneezing so much these days :-)

Thanks for visiting my Getting Arboreal post,Becci