Sunday, April 4, 2010

Happy Easter my little peeps out there.......

Yes, honeysuckles are still in bloom and getting ready to go to Eastern Dinner. Did REPAIR one item today.... Just call me Ms. Salvage. I am telling you, yesterday after finishing Terri's envelope, I thought I was on a roll. I wasn't. Just check this out..... OUCH:


OK it needed help. My concept idea did not work. Originally, I stamped the word "Writing" using the typewriter stamps from The Attic Collection on the left hand side. Did not get the letters close enough to each other. Tried doodling with felt tip pens. Looked like a bad accident skid mark. Tried using red paint to color. Looked like a CSI crime scene. So, what to do? I liked several items on this envelope and wanted to use it. I liked the young lady's image (AI Clear), the swirls (Autumn Leaves), the typewriter keys, and the ink well (AI Clear):



The only thing I would come up with to cover the "red dawn" disaster and make it look like I meant to do it was to find some kind of "stencil:"




I ended up adding two more ink wells and the quill pen (AI Stamps). The repair paint I used was from Claudine Hellmuth Studio "blank canvas" and it worked beautifully. The repair tool stencil was a chip stencil I picked up from somewhere and keep hanging on to.....


I will now always use it as a stencil....... The finished product:



Got book together and am adding one of my early ATC cards for Marilyn.... Once again, Happy Easter and tomorrow I will have photos of my Sunday lunch with neighbor Jenny, Phil and Larcy and Oliver! Munch Munch.......

3 comments:

Debby said...

The envy looks fab!! Oh boy, Oliver pics tomorrow. Sending you Easter Blessings, my friend.
Hugs,
debby

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

You are the master of repair. I would have given up long before you did. Way to go. I love the intermediate steps. They always make it so interesting.

Hope your Easter was wonderful. Of course, I know if you spent it with Oliver, it had to be!!

~*~Patty Szymkowicz said...

Great save! You are so inventive, but we already knew that!!!
oxo
word verification: "rantsh"
which is exactly how I am feeling having 90+ degrees in SPRING! the poor blossoms are not liking it either!