Sunday, April 11, 2010

Flower Children

How many times does it take to make a simple layout for an ATC? Simple task. Use flowers and a PaperWhimsy image and produce just ONE little ATC.

Sounds simple but this one challenge did just that..... challenged me. I knew I wanted to use a little boy - most of my images are beautiful little girls - and I didn't want him to come across as "girly" - you know what I mean?

Interestingly enough, I didn't use much of what I first laid out. In frustration, I started over and went with a small lime green flowery background. Added some silk "rose" leaves and fake little white flowers and ended up very pleased with my flower child....




And so, the flower child is completed. I remember one time in another PaperWhimsy Poetry Challenge (Hilda Conckling) I used an image of two boys, my grandfather's WWI photo, and did it all in pink. Now that was a challenge but came out as one of my fav layouts in the Poetry Challenge. The rusty safety pin - found in my parking lot!


Hope your Sunday has been glorious! It was a beauty here in Northern Virginia. Won't see you tomorrow - I have a doubles tennis match for two hours after work.... maybe on Tuesday....I want to work with more of Elizabeth's delicious deli paper....

6 comments:

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Love your wonderful ATC. Sometimes the theme that seems the easiest turns out to be the hardest. I LOVE the one that incorporates your Grandfather's WWI photo. I can see why it's one of your favorites. And, you used a recycled object, too. How awesome.

Debby said...

Your flower child is fabulous and I love your other piece. Have fun on the courts.
Debby

Anonymous said...

Ohhh these are fabulous Marlynn, i love all of them but especially flower child. wonderful collage
hugs June xxxxx

~*~Patty Szymkowicz said...

Oh these are so sweet and lovely, something about little boys, extra precious with flowers too!
Great work as always dear M!
Happy Monday, trying to catch up in blogland!
oxo

Terri said...

Your ATC is pure fab! And that Hilda page is my all time favorite!
Hugs,
Terri

Anonymous said...

I have a WWI photo of my grandfather in his kilt, and have often used that to illustrate my artwork. I am so grateful to have these old family photos. I love the way you've used yours in your artwork!