Monday, April 19, 2010

To be or not to be..... hmmmm my little suckles

To create or to not create. To organize or to not organize.... ok, it is Monday and already I am rambling looking lost and torn between two worlds. (This is sounding good, my little honeysuckles....) On a roll here... Ok, the facts: I did do more organizing yesterday after we parted. Last night watching TV I decided to start to work again and finish up the remainder of the alphabet ATC cards. Not many left to do.

However, I turn to my pink ott lite, Ophelia, and decide the first step in this journey is to light her light (sounds more poetic, dear Mr. Poe, than turn her on) After all, SHE is only a little Ott Lite...... but a cute little one.

I was going to start on the letter X = Xandu. Here is what through me off...... Xandu is not Olivia (not to be confused with my Ophelia) Newton John. OK, bye bye that idea. Xandu is not Shangri-La (one of my all time 1940s movies), however, it is Asian. Bingo..... Forget mermaids. Look for Asian clip art. I'm looking and will take stuff downstairs tonight to play with:


However, I will share a few more photos of my "Organizational" trip (literally tripping over stuff here....) HELP... Here are my ATC Guns, Timmy and Jimmy - names are on the other side ....

And punches and masking tape and some eyelets and brads, oh my:

My wonderful Making Memories shelf on one side of me:

And the second one on the opposite wall right over me (love those Michaels' coupons, especially 50% off):

My watercolor pencils and Prismacolor pencils:

And my matte medium, can't leave without it:

You know, when all is said and done, what more can a girl ask for....... OK, I need floor space and a place to put my million clip art images.... and all those projects in those boxes that are completed but not put up, that are still works in progress........ I am hyperventilating.... A craft room would not be complete without a supply of DVDs..... I'm okay boys and girls, now which DVD should I watch?



9 comments:

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Love your attitude on organizing. I'm glad to see that like things are kept together. That really makes it easier to find things.

I've been seeing the initials "ATG" on blogs for awhile now. Does that mean automatic tape gun? Those are some serious tape holders. Yep, I'd call them guns, but then, I like the word "gun." It's so second amendment!

Why is it I have THREE OTT lights and not a single one of them is PINK? All are black. OK, gotta admit, I'm not much of a pink person. Maybe that's why. Nope, it's because I've never seen a PINK OTT light before.

Diane said...

Love looking at everyone's studios and supplies--it's so fun. I was able to clear alot out of my room, because alot of the other supplies have taken over another spare bedroom also. I'm in trouble if one of my kids want to come back!

Terri said...

Your room looks very inviting! All those goodies to create with, all lined up and organized...fabulous!
Can't wait to see your "Z" ATC.
What movie did you watch???

~*~Patty Szymkowicz said...

Let me just say you will not be seeing pics of my studio ;)
You are one very organized artiste Ms M!
I adore that picture of the little one in pink and green ... too too sweet!
Happy Tuesday to ya!
oxo

Debby said...

You can organize girl! I am loving your space, looks fabulous. So many beautiful goodies and supplies. I really enjoyed the pics and the words of wisdom.
Hugs,
debby

Sugar Lump Studios said...

Marlynn
what a darling space you have to create! I love your pink Ott lamp (and her name suits her so well)...I am anxious to have a studio again one day...but the basement will take some $$$ to do...so I have a little area in our bedroom for now. Better than nothing tho! :)

Carmen said...

terYou need to submit photos to a Studio Mag. Love the look.

Carmen said...

You need to submit photos to a Studio Mag. It looks so inviting.

Lovey said...

Love it! I love see your organizational mindset! I love it. My stuff is overflowing and I literally am running out of space! I could use some tips!!! Hugs...