Sunday, April 25, 2010

U = Urban Urchins

I admit it.... that is a mouthful - "urban urchins." It has been a restful Sunday, ran out to meet a friend for lunch - he and I play mixed doubles on our team tennis team. Got grocery shopping done .... and finished the letter "U"..... Once again background and images are from the Itkupilli Shop. At first I did have trouble with this letter - somehow I got stuck - wanted to do "unveil" but did not want to wrestle with "veil" - nope I tried and changed my mind. And then I spied Charlie Chaplin and those adorable kids and immediately thought of Oliver Twist and little street urchins.... And off my mind ran.

This image is from Itkupilli's "Abandoned Houses" and I decided to add a little "greenery" - added glue and then the thread....

Found my rusty stuff and the letter "U" from my Tim Holtz "Letter Squares" - yes, rusty is so urbane..... don't you think my little honeysuckles?

Glued the U on the rusty hair pin.... Laid out my images and

And the lower half - this dog reminds me of my childhood pup, Poncho, a Boston Terrier,

Gonna be honest, I can't remember where I picked up the white thingee circling his head, however, I really like those numbers....

This leaves three more alpha letters which I will be working on this evening: "O" and "Q" and "Z".... I have Team Tennis tomorrow night so probably will not be checking in with you, hopefully will see you again on Tuesday... Maybe and, if not, I will just try to upload a little bit of art for you. Let's see what I can come up with by Wednesday on the remaining letters..... I need to review all of those that are done to see if I want to repeat any ideas like labels from cans of veggies.... I have a really neat Lima Bean label... Have a good evening.. see you soon.

8 comments:

Diane said...

I love that house--I might have to go to their site...and the way you did the card-- was perfect for the house. Are you going to start another series of cards when these are finished?

Terri said...

Once again, you stun me with your genius. Amazing creativity here. What a fab ATC, it has such a great feel to it, like it could tell a story.
Really great work here Marlynn!
I hope you have a great evening and a fantastic Monday : )
Hugs,
Terri

Debby said...

WHOOP!! I love this one girlfriend.
Debby

~*~Patty Szymkowicz said...

OK I'm Loving these little clowns AND your ATC rocks! Every detail is fab ... hard to believe it's all on an ATC! Wunderbar once again!
oxo

Sugar Lump Studios said...

what a gorgeous piece! I love the images you used...perfection!

LuLu Kellogg said...

I am loving this card! The U on top of the pin was brilliant. How cool are those. Well done!

LuLu

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

This ATC is a hoot. You see so many possibilities in things most people don't. And I swear you are the embellishment queen.

Unknown said...

This card and the whole concept is BRILLIANT!!!! The rusty hairpin is a perfect detail. Love Charlie and his entourage.