Saturday, April 3, 2010

Happy Easter Saturday from the Honeysuckles

It is a glorious day here among the Honeysuckles and I am feeling so much better, oh yes, I am. This cold/flu took me out and I'm sure it was laced with regular allergies due to the "sprouting" trees - but you can't complain because they are just so darn beautiful. This week typified for me crankiness, yuckies, and frustration. Frustration because the week in Anaheim was suppose to be the "cold" - not this week when it got worse. Cranky because I had no energy, didn't want to go to work but I did and then bit some people, apologized, didn't want to create anything, and generally was just not me. And no energy - I had to cancel tennis dates and workouts with James. OK, no more moaning, no more whining. I'm feeling much better.


In fact, last night I decorated a brown manila envelope in order to send my "March ATC Lottery" swap off to my dear friend, Terri. She has a beautiful blog, Artful Affirmations, and -- we have such a connection since we both joined the PaperWhimsy site at about the same time and participated in the "Hilda Conkling Poetry Challenge" for a year. The theme for this month's lottery (which I selected since I won the February one) was to use a clover in the ATC. Mine was called the "wee one."

So now my wee ones goes to live with Terri. I started with a blank envelope and dribbled some acrylic paint on top


Stamped it with a four leaf clover (Rubber Cottage) and my favorite girls (The Unruly Girls Club from Stampington and Company) and then colored with pencils.


And on the back:

Now it is ready to be mailed (sorry, I should have taken the photo prior to writing all of our addresses on the envelope and didn't and didn't want to take time to photoshop - not real good at that). I love this label (Paris) and is so appropriate for Terri whose creations of "Marie" are so beautiful!



She sent this Marie ATC to me a while ago in a surprise box of goodies:

Is she just not so talented? Okie Dokie, I am now headed out to lunch. Have to do a few items today such as grocery shopping, return some stuff to Kohls, and go to a play tonight. I think I am on the mend! Have a great day everybody!

6 comments:

denise said...

glad you are on the mend! those blooming trees are beautiful but made me sneeze just looking at the photos...what a lovely clover display...love the the part about the hokey pokey...i had an out of commission period in march, too...hope to catch up more this month...

Diane said...

Ooooh, I love this mail art, and those trees--are just beautiful!! I hope you have a great Easter--good to hear that you're feeling better!

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Get better SOON. It's no time to be cranky!

Wasn't it just last week we were looking at pictures of mounds of white SNOW? Isn't this the same color pallet? At first I thought I WAS looking at snow. These blossoms are absolutely gorgeous. You sure live in an interesting area.

Your mail art is so cool. That's something I have just not gotten into. But I know you need to decorate everything, including Oliver if he stands still long enough.

Happy, happy Easter, tomorrow.

Debby said...

I hope you are feeling much better, missed you. The blossoms are gorgeous and i love your atc and envy for Terri!
Happy Easter my friend.
Hugs,
Debby

Terri said...

I am thrilled that you are feeling like yourself again! Yea for you!
The trees are beautiful here too, but my nose is running.....

I love seeing your envy process. You so inspire me, I am going to give that a try too.

I will be looking for your fab decorated envelope in the mail and your wonderful ATC! I am excited!

Have a wonderful Easter Sunday.
Hugs to you dear one,
Terri

~*~Patty Szymkowicz said...

Great to hear you're feeling better, the pollen is something else again to deal with isn't it ... all that beauty of Mother Nature comes at a price! Mr Magpie is having a tough time with it also!
Your mail envies are wonderful, I was lucky enough to get a special one once AND of course what you put inside is always a stellar treat!
Happy Easter
Happy Spring
Happy Happy Everything
my friend!
oxo