Sunday, April 18, 2010

Hello my little honeysuckles.... I'm back

I really have to apologize to you all for disappearing for a week. It was not my intention..... truly, but life got in the way of my fun. Do tell! I won't go over the last week, let's just say it got really busy at work and after work. Three nights of tennis and two nights of working out and a weekend with the craftchixs! Left on Friday to spend time with the girls!


And it was fun, got back today. Driving to Harper's Ferry with the top down - 85 degrees and beautiful. The drive was lovely... except for a short stretch of driving behind the trash truck that smelled. What do you do cruisin' down the highway.... Pray that the trash truck will turn off and go pick up more trash. He did.


Once I got checked in to the Quality Inn and the car unloaded, Louise, MariPat, and I went to lunch in Harper's Ferry. The "Cafe" had one of the best little cheeseburgers I have had in a long time and was situated next door to a small cemetery. I will have to go back to get more photos of this cemetery. .. Suffice it to say that everyone had their "stone" angels dressed..... you know like at Christmas time when all the homes are trying to out do each other with Christmas lights..... keep that in mind when you see the next photo....

You gotta admit - that is one cool dude angel watering dear Terry Lee. That's all I've gotta say. Just remember, it is West Virginia...... and what is strange - I just noticed while posting this photo that this angel has a Confederate flag. Never caught my eye when snapping.....

Our big outing for Friday was a tea at Hillbrook. Oh so much fun to put on our hats and pearls! We had a lot of food, laughs, and tea.





Watch it my little honeysuckles, it reads "Bullskin" Tavern...... not the way I read it when first seeing the sign and I stopped dead in my tracks....

A little game of chess......
A spring swing.....
Whewwww... did we eat enough, yes we did! The food was fantastic. OK -- back to the crop, I worked on my "Stairway to Heaven" book I made at my Michelle Ward workshop last October. This has been the first time I have pulled it out and concentrated just on it. Got "four" pages done to begin with:


I loved the clip art I had with the Madonnas and they worked out great once "framed"....



The next pages....



I added the gold mesh which I really liked the effect.... (bought it at the crop once a friend "walked" it over to me saying - this will go with your book! Boy were you right Susan!)



This will be a work in progress for a while...
I am glad I had this weekend to work on it and just get-away!
I have the car unloaded and now "organizing." I bought this wonderful printer drawer that I managed to get "positioned" in the craft room - it was not easy. I bought it not knowing if I could make it work or not. OK, I was totally determined to make it work. I will show you more photos tomorrow. Did get some stamps in the little nooks and crannies. I need to get some sanity brought to this chaos surrounding me.... My craft room is way out of control! More tomorrow. I love you all and missed you so much last week..... sorry I disappeared on you .....



7 comments:

Terri said...

Yea your back! And I can tell you had fun, that is the best part.
I love your photo journal that you have just shared with us.
I also Love, love (did I say LOVE?!) your Michele Ward artwork!!!!!
That is really truly fabulous work girl! I would love to take that class too!
Have a great rest tonight : )
Hugs,
Terri

Korie B. said...

The printer's drawer looks great! I love the pics. You & Beth on the chess board are too funny! Hope to see you again soon, my friend....

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

What a fantastic place. The chess game and swinging! Then the art. And I thought I was the only person in the world who spends hours in cemeteries photographing tombstones. Gotta love the south, ya'all.

Carmen said...

Wish I was there. Maybe next time. Just want to do it all.

Diane said...

My favorite 2 photos--the chess game--Loved it! And your book-truly beautiful! But I can't forget about that angel too ;)

~*~Patty Szymkowicz said...

You're worth waiting for :)

What a fab getaway, great pics M ... angels and taverns oh my!

Your Stairway to Heaven book is amazing! WOWEE, hope I can see that one in person some time ... tea perhaps :)

oxo

Debby said...

Looks like a fun time was had by all, I love hearing of these get togethers. SWEET!!!! Missed you, glad you are back. I am lovin' your Stairway to Heaven book, awesome, one of my fav bands of all time.
Hugs,
debby