Friday, April 23, 2010

I = Island

Hello my Island Honeysuckles. Are you enjoying the sun, the sand, the beach, the liquid mercury blue green ocean? Well, you have just landed on my little getaway. The alphabet letter "I" gave me a little bit of trouble. There were so many "I" words to work with. I fell in love with the latest Coldwater Creek catalogue and knew I had to use the picture on the cover. Luscious. Colors to die for...... And then I spied:


The Mermaid image that was in the some wonderful gifts Debby (The Gathering Nest) sent me as a belated birthday present. The stamp, The Mermaid Fairy, is a stamp I have had for years and years and is from Catslife Press. I considered her... and then I refound the "netting" picked up on the streets of Downtown Disney in March. Perfect - my fishing net. I started layering the netting on top of the boat..... and then the mermaid..... and then.... brought her head through the netting.....

Added "gone fishing"....... You can get a better look at the netting in this photo....


Dropped a small ribbon around the maiden's neck and she is complete..... Probably need to find a fishing hook but I decided to keep this one "P.G." LOL



I hope all of you little chicks enjoy your weekend. Mine started out great today after work when I got to go out on the tennis court with my trainer and we practiced strokes and hitting and, my oh my, is was a little warm although only 72 degrees. I did get some sun on my face - the first sun on the face in a warm like sweat it out girlfriend kind of hour hitting those little yellow balls. I'm sleepy. And I need get to get up a little early tomorrow morning and go to "cardio" tennis - twice the sweat.... and the first Saturday out-door one of the season. I will try to get another ATC done tomorrow and have a little visit with you. I do have to add two little thoughts: 1) I am happy Seth Alan won Project Runway; and 2) Survivor ROCKED Thursday night! Nighty night! hugs to all and to all a good night.

6 comments:

Terri said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Terri said...

Marlyn, you have created another amazing ATC! I love your "I" choice. The netting (and having your mermaid poke her head through) is genius!
As always, I am enthralled with your process. (My Secret..... I am ATC challenged!)
Have a good sleep,
And have a fab Saturday : )
Hugs,
Terri
p.s. Made a boo boo on my first post!

~*~Patty Szymkowicz said...

The netting really makes this card extra super ... I am such a fan of netting. Imagine my surprise when picking out a Boston Fern for the back porch, it came with BIG white netting holding the fronds tidy and upright ... had to have it of course ;)
Your mermaid's head sticking out is brilliant!
Your alphabets are soon to be completed, aren't they!
Happy Weekend to ya Ms M!
oxo

Debby said...

I love this, I want to go to your island, love the netting. No 70's in this part of the world..it is almost brrrr...
Hugs,
Debby

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I love I = Island. What an I-dorable ATC. The netting over the top is the perfect I-ddition to this lovely I-nspiring beauty.

OK, I'm done!!

Anonymous said...

Awesome! Love how you put it together!