Monday, May 31, 2010

'Tis a Gorgeous Day among the Honeysuckles and the Breeze

'Tis a gorgeous day here in the Honeysuckle Breeze! It is! Got lots of things done this weekend and it feels good. Got work finished which I brought home from the office. Got the downstairs cleaned. Got laundry done, grocery shopping done, and a run to the Goodwill. Got the alphabet "Z" finished as you saw the other day..... and the Red Queen got her sticker on her window....

Which meant she was ready to strut her butt on errands....



Got the dining room cleaned and discovered that the table has a "top" - do tell. Do you end up with your dining room table as the catch-all? Mine catches the mail, the junk, the purse, etc., etc.,


Vacuum run, nooks and crannies dusted....

Fresh red towels brought out in her honor.... the Red Queen (HHR to you)...



And today - the patio is cleaned - haven't done that for several years now..... in the summertime, when the living is easy (or whatever) it does get hot out there because it takes on the southwest sun. I gave up on potted flowers years ago.... but I found a new table cloth and chair pillows which I couldn't pass up...


I have had the ice cream table since the early 90s. It lived inside as my breakfast table at my apartment and then moved outside in 1994 when I bought the condo. Today -- Yes, I had iced tea with "Lady Grey" and brie and toasted chips and a peach... oh my.....


And tonight - I have to get the "back" labels done for about nine of the ATC Alphabet Cards I finally finished. This little note is for my forever friend, Elizabeth (who has a cat named Bleubeard), "Dear Elizabeth, I love your organizing skills, however, at times I forget where I organized!" Took me 20 minutes to locate these:


Yes, I knew they were grouped together, just didn't know they were in front of my nose! LOL Once the lost was found, got them babies stamped....

And now you know what I will be doing this evening.... working on some of the back of these:


and these.....


because some look like this:



Have a restful evening! I am now ready to be off and running for a very busy week starting tomorrow. I do feel rested!


7 comments:

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Looks like the Red Queen is here to stay. You can't take her back now, even if you have buyer's remorse (grin). Did you make the car sticker? It looks like your type of art!

I was in awe of everything you accomplished this weekend. You were a ball of fire and energy. Must come from that red car. I didn't get nearly as much done, mostly worked on playing catch up on blogs and doing a bit of art.

You are such a sweetie with your very kind words. The idea is (if you recall) when you choose a place to put things during an organization spree, to pick up the piece, turn it in your hand, imagine where you would look for it if it was lost, then put it there. I can't tell you how many times I had that happen to me until I stuck things in places that made sense to ME, regardless what the experts might think.

Anyway, looks like you got a lot accomplished and still have nearly half a day left. I would love to sit on that patio with you. It would be the perfect place for cool evenings enjoying the last of the sunset.

Hope your weekend was super. Sounds like you had fun, even if you stayed "in town."

Steph said...

Hi Marlynn
It must have felt really good to ahve so much done in a weekend!!! I really love those ATCs.... steph

Diane said...

I am out of breath!! What a VERY productive weekend--love that patio space and yes our dining room table is like an open junk drawer. I always clean it off before we go out of town for shows (I don't know why either) and vow to keep it that way ;)

Korie B. said...

I love weekends where I get to check a ton of things off of my "to do" list. You leave the weekend feeling ahead of the game.

Of course, I spent my weekend at the movies with friends, taking the kids to a waterpark, letterboxing, etc. So.... I was up bright & early at 5 a.m. today(I can thank Baby A. for being my alarm clock that won't turn off) to tackle to mounds of laundry, dishes and general mess. I'm so far behind that I just might pack myself up & move into your place.
XOXO

~*~Patty said...

WOWEE, what a lot you've gotten accomplished! Great pics!
AND I Love seeing your cards together, what a feast for the eyes even just the peeks are!!!
Did you say you'll be putting those in a special box? a VERY special box I'm thinking!!!
oxo
Happy Not Monday!

Terri said...

Hello dear Marlynn,
I am home and doing some catching up. It is so nice to be visiting you on your blog today. It looks like you have been very busy! I love all your alpha cards! It must feel great to have all those done.
I love your red queen sticker! What a hoot that is!
Perfect!

Hugs to you,
Terri

Debby said...

Amazing how busy one can get! I just can't keep up any more, always something to do..lol..
I loved your post, so many beautiful things to show up, love the patio. Looks like you are going to be very busy making backs for your atc's...Have fun..
Hugs,
Debby